Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/13- 3/14 Winter Storm Threat

Buddy1987

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, nomanslandva said:

We have temp problems.  I like we have the stronger looking storm and QPF going up but temps don't look great.  Text sounding from 6z NAM was almost all snow but the 12z looked like sleet issues for thee first half of the .85"  GFS looks like all snow but very close.  Then you have to remember warm noses seem to over perform.  Disc's post on the dynamics for us on the NAM is what I think we are going to need.  That or another little change to get temps to go back in the right direction a bit.

Im hoping with good frontogenesis and forcing aloft that the sneaky warm layer can be scoured out. Id be especially less concerned if that ull snuck underneath of us to the south.

4 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Then I see the models are showing something for next Fri/Sat!? I'm all in! But today has been great, sunny for awhile, now overcast and 42! I love this weather, really! I doubt I even get rain from tomorrow's storm

Seriously.  Make a snowman with the kids this morning and do yard work this afternoon.  What are you seeing for Fri?

13 minutes ago, Wow said:

Wow.. 18z NAM has shifted west big time at the initialization.  THis could be very intersting.  Southern s/w much stronger.  Could be looking at more of a Miller A here.

The ns is really digging at 20 again. I agree with you. Interesting to see it play out.

Just now, Disc said:

Hmm, Blacksburg WFO dropped most of the area to the 1 - 3" range. I would've believed it yesterday, but the trends today say different. 

Ill tell you man. They are absolutely terrible sometimes. I dont like to go bashing them but wow a little strange. They seem to drop the ball a lot. Everytime they way underplay it we end up gettting 4-8 instead of 1-3 so..

6 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Ill tell you man. They are absolutely terrible sometimes. I dont like to go bashing them but wow a little strange. They seem to drop the ball a lot. Everytime they way underplay it we end up gettting 4-8 instead of 1-3 so..

Yeah I was under a winter storm warning (which they did drop) and got a half inch. If they're going for reverse psychology it's working.

I am the Chief Meteorologist in Beckley, West Virginia, I know this is the southeastern thread and includes Virginia, but not West Virginia. I feel like West Virginia gets left out on the thread of Mid Atlantic, so I might start posting in here.  What a storm to forecast. 

Archived