Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SACRUS said:

Lets see how this works.  I will take the MAr '93 total as a base of the range and add 35% as a max for snow projections.

LGA: 12.3 - 16.6
NYC: 10.6 - 14.3
EWR: 11.0 - 14.8
TTN: 14.8 - 20.6

I dont see LGA getting more than NYC or even as much

1 minute ago, mikem81 said:

NAM might be ugly quickly

Either the NAM is totally nuts or this won't be as big as advertised snow-wise in the city and on the coast. I was somewhat hopeful after the good 12z suite but whatever. Tomorrow morning will be rough on the beaches and bays with the stronger winds from a more easterly direction and water piling in at high tide. 

Just now, Sportybx said:

It's still mind blowing that we are so close to the event and things still aren't clear.   It's nuts but hey that is what makes this amazing 

it's the same with every storm

Go back & read the thread about last years blizzard (starting on around page 14 of the second thread) Everyone talking about 6-8'' or 8-10''  and then bam, it took on a life of its own.

Just now, ny10019 said:

it's the same with every storm

Go back & read the thread about last years blizzard (starting on around page 14 of the second thread) Everyone talking about 6-8'' or 8-10''  and then bam, it took on a life of its own.

I know I've been following this for years.  It's the only place I go for storms lol it's just mind blowing that it's 2017 and you can still go nuts pulling your hair out.  Hopefully we have a repeat of last years .... 

4 minutes ago, Sportybx said:

I know I've been following this for years.  It's the only place I go for storms lol it's just mind blowing that it's 2017 and you can still go nuts pulling your hair out.  Hopefully we have a repeat of last years .... 

my thoughts exactly! It's funny to watch the back & forth with every run, but as frustrating as it is to be on the rollercoaster, I've learned to just try to enjoy whatever happens. 

Anything but rain tomorrow & I'll be happy. 

Archived