joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The RGEM is trying to hint the last 2 runs that maybe some sort of deformation zone may form over the area 20z onward as the low pulls away.  The low deepening down below 980 and taking that NE turn is opening the door to something in the late afternoon albeit the hope is slim at the moment 

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

The RGEM is trying to hint the last 2 runs that maybe some sort of deformation zone may form over the area 20z onward as the low pulls away.  The low deepening down below 980 and taking that NE turn is opening the door to something in the late afternoon albeit the hope is slim at the moment 

Yeah some of those death band depictions earlier today kind of made me think def zones and gravity waves.  I hope to be outside during the crazy rate periods.

1 minute ago, Sportybx said:

With all this uncertainty where the professionals are still throwing up 20+ for NYC.  The models being all over the place.  Any chance at the last second this thing pushes east and everyone gets completely crushed?  

As much an equal chance it jogs further west and we are overcome with mid level warmth.

5 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

GFS is as well. Need to keep an eye on it.

1 minute ago, JetsPens87 said:

That's what happens when you're right on the line (trust me I feel your pain: See my location)

I don't think you are bullish on CNJ and I am taking you seriously and tempering my hopes. The models are not showing an epic snowstorm for us 6-12 isn't epic. I'm a little more worried about wind and heaviness of sleet infested snow when cleaning up. The folks further north this is your storm. I'll be happy if we get 8-12 here.

Archived