Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

14 minutes ago, bluewave said:

All that is necessary for moderate flooding is a 2.5 foot surge. A surge around 3.5 feet would get to the edge of major.

Anyone remember th Dec 92 storm? Just some backend snows in the NYC metro but historic flooding; was a big deal but has been forgotten due to March 93....

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Honestly... not sure if I've seen a better H5 set-up... for an EC storm ever 

I've definitely seen better modeled upper level setups.  But they don't always produce, for any number of reasons.  Sometimes they have less moisture to work with, less cold, or occur during a month with less baroclinicity.

Just now, eduggs said:

I've definitely seen better modeled upper level setups.  But they don't always produce, for any number of reasons.  Sometimes they have less moisture to work with, less cold, or occur during a month with less baroclinicity.

Let's just hope this puppy pulls together and burries everyone !

9 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Ummm wow. We could easily see major flooding then with a euro situation. This is what is now legit worrying me about this. 

Mans to answer the questions about he heavy wet snow and power outages yes. If we get on the wrong side of the coastal front for a bit and temps spike into the mid 30s your going to cake snow onto trees and power lines. I would be seriously worried about this central Suffolk east 

Check out the size of the wind field on this.

ecmwf_uv10g_mph_east_10.thumb.png.c8b6294e58c1fc501ebc1b9c4f5b0fef.png

2 minutes ago, Neblizzard said:

That's just insane

I really don't know what to make of these frequent megastorms. Prior to 96, I remember only April 82, Feb 78, and Feb 83 as being anywhere close to these kinds of storms. Just about every major storm in 2014, which were all 6-12 jobs, would have been huge news in the 80's and most of the 90's. And coming after this mild weather? All bets are off IMO.

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

I really don't know what to make of these frequent megastorms. Prior to 96, I remember only April 82, Feb 78, and Feb 83 as being anywhere close to these kinds of storms. Just about every major storm in 2014, which were all 6-12 jobs, would have been huge news in the 80's and most of the 90's. And coming after this mild weather? All bets are off IMO.

Yup, I'm in your boat.. these youngins just don't realize..6-12 now is run of the mill...

21 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Anyone remember th Dec 92 storm? Just some backend snows in the NYC metro but historic flooding; was a big deal but has been forgotten due to March 93....

That one was much worse than Mar 93 because it lasted for 3-5 days.  Never saw a storm with that much impact until Sandy

Just now, Rtd208 said:

I am surprised Mt.Holly didn't go with a Blizzard Warning for my area. I think they are going to upgrade my area later or in the morning considering how the models are looking. 

We still have over 24 hours, a whole day of runs... no need yet, I think warnings this early as oppose to tomorrow AM is a bit bullish

Archived