Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

GFS looks much better at 500 but the convection the east drags the LP, unlike the nam, allowing allowing it to slide further north before moving east

It looks like things were a little flatter off the east coast. I'm sure one could make an argument about convection being poorly modeled and pumping up heights more come verification time...

1 minute ago, Juliancolton said:

It looks like things were a little flatter off the east coast. I'm sure one could make an argument about convection being poorly modeled and pumping up heights more come verification time...

Julian you wanna weigh in on your thoughts between the pull east from convection on GFS/euro compared to long range RGEM/Nam... I know it's a silly question comparing them, but i find it valid in this scanario where we're seeing so much fluctuation 

Just now, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

We have so much time too guys... it's not coming for over 50 hours lol

Well, that's the thing - we've got 8 more model cycles before go time and peeps were ready to hit the ledge after a  few shaky OP runs.

Pace yourselves, folks 

1 minute ago, danstorm said:

Well, that's the thing - we've got 8 more model cycles before go time and peeps were ready to hit the ledge after a  few shaky OP runs.

Pace yourselves, folks 

Wise advice but remember two things : 1.) for non pros, passion is the driver even when sprinkled with intellect. 2.) also, many on here are on the younger side, which has a lot of positives but by the same token remember when you were in your mid 20s or younger: patience is not a trait that comes with anything but exprience and age!

3 minutes ago, ILoveWinter said:

If memory serves me correct, in these kinds of storms, the "jumping to the convection" issue tends to sort itself as we approach 0 hour.

There are times when it is legit, but usually there is a reason for it such a disorganized southern vort where a spurious piece of energy sometimes causes it to occur.  A strong consolidated vort at the upper levels it won't usually happen

6 minutes ago, NYCGreg said:

I hope so, but I can't share you degree of confidence at this point.

A Blizzard on its way.  You guys have to stop swinging to every run.

Identify the kind of system this is and realize its not a run of the mill system 

Look at the GEM

Archived