Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
John1122

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ended up with some flash flooding in my area today. 3.5 inches of rain fell in a fairly short period of time. A creek on the SW side of my property that runs between two really steep ridges was way over it's banks and it ran down towards the house and washed the bottom part of my drive way away. So now I've got about a 12 inch deep ditch about 5 feet across down there. It ate away the sides of the pavement on the roads as well. At one point the entire road was a defacto white water rapids.

We got blasted yesterday in Fountain City /Knoxville. That storm that came through yesterday afternoon around 5:30 did some damage to our neighborhood. A lot of nickel sized hail, and combined with heavy wind, shredded leaves are plastered on everything. About 100 yards down the street, a tree fell on a house.... and they just put a new roof on less than a year ago (new sheathing, gutters, etc). And around the corner from them, another tree fell and crushed a car. Our neighborhood kind of sits in a bowl, so there's been some flooding also. I understand there's more rain coming.... but we have already had 4.5" since Friday afternoon. Combined with a thunder-phobic dog, and another dog that LOVES to be outside, it's been quite a zoo at our house the past 48 hours. Hope everyone stays safe and dry out there!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Flooding is becoming very wide spread at this point. We are over 7 inches of rain in the last 48 hours with more than 10 inches in the last week now.  Quite a number of mudslides, roads under water, homes surrounded by water etc etc across the region. There were  two forest fires very close to my house 2 and 3 weeks ago, now we're flooded.

Harpeth River is getting some more moderate rain.Good thing we dont seem to get any rain after this system gets by for a couple days

Flood Advisory
National Weather Service Nashville TN
939 AM CDT Sun Apr 23 2017

...The flood advisory continues for the Harpeth River...

Harpeth River At Bellevue AFFECTING Davidson and Williamson Counties

. Recent heavy rainfall has caused the Harpeth River at Bellevue to rise
above action stage. Some additional light rainfall is expected today.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Stay tuned to noaa weather radio or other local media for further information
from the National Weather Service.

&&

TNC037-187-240239-
/O.CON.KOHX.FL.Y.0011.000000T0000Z-170424T0324Z/
/BELT1.N.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
939 AM CDT Sun Apr 23 2017

The Flood Advisory continues for
  The Harpeth River At Bellevue
* Until this evening.
* At 08AM Sunday the stage was 16.0 feet and cresting.
* Flood stage is 20.0 feet.
* The river will fall to near 11.4 feet by tomorrow morning.
* At 20.0 feet...Water begins to flood the Ensworth High School athletic fields.
* At 19.0 feet...Water floods Old Harding Pike near Morton Mill Road, and may be
  subject to closure.
* At 18.0 feet...Water reaches the club house of the Harpeth Valley Golf Center.
* At 16.0 feet...Portions of the Harpeth River Greenway may be covered with
  water and impassable, and the access road and the parking lot to the Harpeth
  River State Park are completely inundated.
* At 14.0 feet...Portions of the Harpeth River Greenway begin to be inundated,
  and water begins to inundate the parking lot of the Harpeth River State Park
  at Highway 100.

12 minutes ago, John1122 said:

Sitting at 42 degrees with rain coming down. Feels like late November or early December outside right now.

It is brutal.  I just posted similar thoughts in the pattern discussion thread.  I prob should have placed them here.  Has to be snowing above 5,000'.  Leconte had 4" last night.

6 hours ago, John1122 said:

Managed to bottom at 35 this morning after a high of 45 yesterday.  LeConte had 7 inches of snow on the ground as of this morning. Very impressive for May, especially after record highs a week before.

Wild swings.  We hit 90 last Saturday.  Tomorrow AM is going to hurt!

• 2 weeks later...

Crazy how high the lakes are at TRI.   Cherokee, SoHo, and Watauga are already at full pool or higher.... I wade fish the SoHo.   Looks like that won't be happening for some time as the water is understandably being sent down stream.  Crazy to go from the drought/Gatlingburg fire to full reservoirs and rivers within six months.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived