joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

JSharp

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last squall was awesome....like watching a summer tstorm approach. Dark sky, flurries quickly to moderate snow then the wind picked up and it was coming sideways.....flakes got bigger with heavier rates and couldn't see 30 yards away. Then the sun was right back out lol. Picked up another quick coating to freshen things up.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Last squall was awesome....like watching a summer tstorm approach. Dark sky, flurries quickly to moderate snow then the wind picked up and it was coming sideways.....flakes got bigger with heavier rates and couldn't see 30 yards away. Then the sun was right back out lol.

What was cool was seeing the sun shine on the falling snow flakes, quite unusual really.

Just now, Violentweatherfan said:

Just finished up down here in Levittown, that was nice.

Really wished it was night and colder so it would stick.

I was out driving (getting around)...my face got pelted...my car door almost got ripped out the hinge and I got tossed around. (210lb) Crazy stuff but fun!

Ray has schooled most of us on here Multiple times on How AND Where to Measure...Saying that, after eyeball Five(not official Ray method),but  early that melted; settled: I just Measured 7"...We were down to 4" when I took my dog around the house when Sun was out, so; 7+1=8",our biggest for the year and it was snowing + accumulating when I just did the night dog walk... Temp at 22...

Archived