joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 9-10 Storm Observation Thread

JSharp

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back edge rapidly approaching.  SN- and temp is a few 10ths above freezing so whatever has fallen continues to melt and drip.  Measured about 3" (compacted) on the board (had to scrape the wet slop off the ruler).  Still nothing on the streets and warmer sidewalks.  All of this is going to freeze solid tonight and over the weekend and become a glacier.

fun morning but this is the down side to March snows. anything under 4 inches is gone in a day no matter the temp. even if we get 2 ft next week, it will be melted in a week tops.

Yeah, because a week straight of snow cover in mid-March is soooo terrible. Dude, that's historic and unprecedented extended March snowpack. I lol'd at your post, seriously. I get your point, it doesnt hang around like mid January but cmon, we are looking at unchartered territory possibly. Just take what you can get.

40 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

fun morning but this is the down side to March snows. anything under 4 inches is gone in a day no matter the temp. even if we get 2 ft next week, it will be melted in a week tops.

I just want to take a walk tonight with "some" snow left? Blazing melting.

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Yeah, because a week straight of snow cover in mid-March is soooo terrible. Dude, that's historic and unprecedented extended March snowpack. I lol'd at your post, seriously. I get your point, it doesnt hang around like mid January but cmon, we are looking at unchartered territory possibly. Just take what you can get.

I am hardcore about keeping my snow the subsidence clear skies after the morning snow at peak sun angle pissed me off lol. Really wanted to hold the snow cover today knowing how unseasonably cold the weekend is going to be and with what looms early next week that is ridiculous long March snow cover potential.

Back to overcast and temps dropping as the arctic air finally has begun advecting in down to 35F and dropping fast. 

Popcorn echoes? Who knows?

pc.jpg.b27c44c9500445f0b0be5f1108cccf31.jpg

Like a summertime convective outbreak. Sun coming out adding instability to the atmosphere juicing up those squalls. The popcorn should begin fading in a couple of hours as the sun's effects begin diminishing. We have a small window to add some more white before darkness and the deep freeze take over.

7 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Like a summertime convective outbreak. Sun coming out adding instability to the atmosphere juicing up those squalls. The popcorn should begin fading in a couple of hours as the sun's effects begin diminishing. We have a small window to add some more white before darkness and the deep freeze take over.

I'll jump up in the air and tap my heels real hard....even a coating -1/2 inch I'll take.

39.7F

Archived