SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March med-long range disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen 1-3" type events the first week of April up here several times. From records I know they have had 10"+ storms up until April 15th up here. After that there have been some 4" or less snows up until the end of April but the window to get a significant snow here closes mid april. 

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

But you will miss our April 3 blizzard. It's actually becoming comical that there are even still ghosts of threats to look at now. At some point cruel climo slams the door shut but if it's going to be chilly might as well eek another threat or two out of this better pattern. We will have some sunny warm days anyways mixed in given the time of year but if we also have another threat to track I won't complain. 

If there's a blizzard on April 3, I'll be in Sydney slitting my wrists.

1 hour ago, snowfan said:

GFS showing a nice warm up after this coming week. I'm sure that'll be changed to temps in the 40s on the 12z run. 

Eps focuses lowest heights in the west with ridging in the east after next weekend. Mean highs in the 60s for 5 straight days. I'm ready to put cold season behind and move into full blown spring mode. April can be a great month if we can keep backdoor fronts to a minimum.  I don't mind April rain. I just don't like cool cloudy drizzly April dreary. 

Man I hate the end, but into hibernation I go. However, I believe I'm going to try and stay more into the severe weather game this year. So selective hibernation is a better term. ;-)

Thank you to everyone who worked extremely hard around here to bring us that white gold we all love and cherish (minus 99% of this winter). Hahaha. Anyway, I always enjoy my time in here. Love to see a spring or summer gathering come together again so we can all knock a few back, talk about what next winter will bring, etc. Thoughts on that anyone?  I'd be happy to coordinate. Just let me know! 

Scott

8 hours ago, Scraff said:

Man I hate the end, but into hibernation I go. However, I believe I'm going to try and stay more into the severe weather game this year. So selective hibernation is a better term. ;-)

Thank you to everyone who worked extremely hard around here to bring us that white gold we all love and cherish (minus 99% of this winter). Hahaha. Anyway, I always enjoy my time in here. Love to see a spring or summer gathering come together again so we can all knock a few back, talk about what next winter will bring, etc. Thoughts on that anyone?  I'd be happy to coordinate. Just let me know! 

Scott

A few people have inquired about a BBQ. I don't mind hosting, I have the space and land and plenty of parking but I also know I'm a bit of a hike for most in this forum. It really is nice up here in the late spring and summer though. If anyone would want to do a BBQ type thing or anything else I'm definitely open to either host or attend. 

Good bye American WX.. see you again next October when we talk about how good the prospects look for the upcoming 2017-2018 season!    I'm just like one of those pesky across the border immigrant Canadians that only show up in the states during the winter season. :)

14 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

A few people have inquired about a BBQ. I don't mind hosting, I have the space and land and plenty of parking but I also know I'm a bit of a hike for most in this forum. It really is nice up here in the late spring and summer though. If anyone would want to do a BBQ type thing or anything else I'm definitely open to either host or attend. 

Would be awesome, I need to meet people anyway!

16 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

I'll only come if you're serving vast amounts of alcohol. I need to numb myself for when I have to see H20 :lol:

On 3/20/2017 at 7:56 PM, psuhoffman said:

Sounds like it would be a good time. Are northerners allowed? :)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived