Newest Member
    joxey
March med-long range disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Euro gives us 1-3" day 7 then bombs the low just east of us and crushes NJ. Still a time period worth watching. Some hits on gefs there too. 

I think e29 would have this forum in a frenzy with up to 4 feet of snow shown for the the 15 day period for most of the MD region. There's another handful as well that are not that shabby as well with over 2+ feet.

41 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I think e29 would have this forum in a frenzy with up to 4 feet of snow shown for the the 15 day period for most of the MD region. There's another handful as well that are not that shabby as well with over 2+ feet.

There are two signals one this weekend and another around the 25th. The EPS mean after the Tuesday storm is 3-5" across the area which isn't too shabby and would have us talking if not for the storm right in front of us. Pattern has definitely changed. Shame it was so late. 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

There are two signals one this weekend and another around the 25th. The EPS mean after the Tuesday storm is 3-5" across the area which isn't too shabby and would have us talking if not for the storm right in front of us. Pattern has definitely changed. Shame it was so late. 

Been so caught up with Tuesday I really haven't paid much attention to the longer range except for casual glances. From what little I have seen I still like where sit with the pattern i was so high on for quite awhile now.

4 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Been so caught up with Tuesday I really haven't paid much attention to the longer range except for casual glances. From what little I have seen I still like where sit with the pattern i was so high on for quite awhile now.

Yea my attention is mostly with tomorrow. Feels great to say that finally lol. But I think there is a pretty good chance we see more snow after this. Not sure how significant odds become increasingly against it but the pattern is there. 

13 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

Imagine what you guys could have done with this pattern back in February.  Actually that's probably all you guys are thinking about right now. :)

9 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Sigh..that setup is better than the one we have now for all snow.  Is it bad that i'm already looking for another storm during a storm?

One of the biggest mistakes we made in March 2013 was to poo-poo any threat after Snowqueaster on 03/06. The pattern for the March 25 2013 event was decidedly better (colder), and was at night. We had about 2-4+ inches with that event, depending on where you were (I had a little over 3"). 

Yes, it can happen. It just has to be at night or into early am for accumulating snow, unless the rates are insane. 

28 minutes ago, WxMan1 said:

One of the biggest mistakes we made in March 2013 was to poo-poo any threat after Snowqueaster on 03/06. The pattern for the March 25 2013 event was decidedly better (colder), and was at night. We had about 2-4+ inches with that event, depending on where you were (I had a little over 3"). 

Yes, it can happen. It just has to be at night or into early am for accumulating snow, unless the rates are insane. 

We actually had two events after 3/6.  The one you mentioned and then one about a week earlier.  It was really cold with sleet and snow.

1 hour ago, WxMan1 said:

Yeah, it's hard to break that mindset with ad nauseum references from many here about the deadly March sun angle!!!!! and snow just can't happen and accumulate in mid-March!  We all get kinda stuck in that group think.   I think we can have legit threats up until the end of the  month....not usual or likely, but it can happen.  

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

Yeah, it's hard to break that mindset with ad nauseum references from many here about the deadly March sun angle!!!!! and snow just can't happen and accumulate in mid-March!  We all get kinda stuck in that group think.   I think we can have legit threats up until the end of the  month....not usual or likely, but it can happen.  

The d10 deal has some ensemble support. We should start a thread. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived