Newest Member
    joxey
March med-long range disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

For those worried about a west track...the CMC is a disaster east track. 

I wouldn't go as far to being worried.  I'm looking at trends cautiously.  It's amazing how this has been coming together!

Just now, Bob Chill said:

CMC keeps the NS and SS basically separate. Compact precip shield with the southern storm. Has a weird double barrel look too. It could happen that way I suppose but definitely an outlier for now

Odd...and not long ago it was showing the just about the best track with the least complication for us.  Quite a switch.

1 minute ago, Paleocene said:

I am not smart enough to interpret this, but I saw people mentioning an eastward track of the low.  Here's the last six runs of the GFS at 12z Tuesday. Looks like an east "trend"

giphy.gif

That last frame could be problematic. 

2 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

So it looks like we have the goalposts opening up a bit as we get closer.  GFS is for now, the western edge and CMC is the eastern edge. 

The problem with the CMC isn't really an eastern track as much as there is no interaction between the NS and SS vort so everything is very compact. It's the first op to show this so lets just hope it's missing the phase. It looked ok leading in but the streams never joined hands. 

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

LOL - Wow at the GGEM. That's a pretty big divergence from the tightening of the models we've been seeing. figures we get a complete meltdown run somewhere along the way. Onto the EURO I suppose. 

If the CMC hadn't been one of the first models to catch on to the Sunday fail I would be laughing at it.  If the UK/Euro follow suit and move well east we'll know we're in trouble.  

1 minute ago, osfan24 said:

Very odd to see that kind of sudden divergence after such consistency the past few days. GFS even more west, CMC way east. Save us Euro!

It sounds like banter, but there may be some truth to the euro honing in between the rest of the guidance based on history.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived