Newest Member
    joxey
March med-long range disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, stormtracker said:

Pretty sure that the weather gods aren't concerned with thread making on a weather board.

Sometimes I wonder. 

The only real difference with the 6z/12z gfs was the northern stream was a little slower. This helped tuck the low closer. Still a giant hit so no big deal but a tucked tracked seems like our worst case scenario now and even that would come with a good dump of snow up front before the column gets messy. 

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Sometimes I wonder. 

The only real difference with the 6z/12z gfs was the northern stream was a little slower. This helped tuck the low closer. Still a giant hit so no big deal but a tucked tracked seems like our worst case scenario now and even that would come with a good dump of snow up front before the column gets messy. 

Well, if it's any comfort, everybody (PHL, NYC and BOS) mixes or even changes to plain rain on this run.

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Storm track is weird on the GFS.  Coastal goes due north from wilmington to DE then a sharp right turn ENE next frame.  it sees the confluence to the north way later.

would like to see some east solutions now.  also I noticed the NS was further north again...or maybe just stronger and slower...either way it didn't help much unless it was colder then it could have been ridiculous

Just now, Bob Chill said:

If the track is going to tuck, our latitude is actually a savior for once. We maximize the antecedent airmass as the storm is bombing. Mixing is far from the end of the world in that scenario..

This. I would be peeing my pants in NYC as 50 more miles puts them almost completely out of the game. This can come even further west and still thump the hell out of us

1 minute ago, Quasievil said:

Def a "large" west shift from 6Z putting even western MD in mixing jeopardy.

Uh, no. Neither of those two statements is accurate.

That said, it DID certainly nudge west a bit, cutting out any remaining leeway we had in the I-95 corridor. The concern is that it wouldn't take much - just a couple of very minor bumps west - to change the complexion of this thing from big snow with some possible mixing to just big mixing. I'm nervous.

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

would like to see some east solutions now.  also I noticed the NS was further north again...or maybe just stronger and slower...either way it didn't help much unless it was colder then it could have been ridiculous

There are some subtle differences comparing previous runs so it could just be noise.  Some things have to work out for sure to get as much snow in as it says on the snow maps.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived