SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March med-long range disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High confidence...there will be a significant storm. Large scale upper level pattern is quite good and consistent run to run.

Track will shift some from run to run. Little east, west, warmer, colder. See saw in some cases. I would lean toward a deeper system further south given the energy diving into that trough. Still room for this to change at h96. 

High confidence...there will be a significant storm. Large scale upper level pattern is quite good and consistent run to run.

Track will shift some from run to run. Little east, west, warmer, colder. See saw in some cases. I would lean toward a deeper system further south given the energy diving into that trough. Still room for this to change at h96. 

Thats good to hear :)  Always nice to see your analysis as well

Yup. Don't even need the in between panels. It's almost certainly a crush job. Looks a touch east from the 12z run too. I like that we're right at D4 for onset and even the ends of the goalposts have a siggy event. 

The old saying that the big ones get sniffed out early comes to mind. 0z has been pretty locked for 4 day leads. 

Gfs has us 30s or colder through day 10:ph34r:

That is unbelievable for March, and even more incredible considering last month.

I guess both December 2015 and Feb 2017 should be enough for people to realize that a record warm month in the winter comes with a price.

Cmc is east of all guidance. It's nice to see one east. We don't want any more west than the gfs. That's for sure 

Agree. It's unlikely it ends up quite as east as the ggem has it. Even it's own h5 argues against it but it's nice to see that as a buffer against the furthest west we can survive gfs solution. 

A couple of ugly tracks on the GEFS looking at the invidual members, but not sure if it's enough to worry about.

It's March in DC...there's always something to worry about.  But this is nothing new on the GEFS...it's been showing multiple scenarios for the last several days.  It's been slowly consolidating the bad solutions down.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived