• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 10th event model discussion and obs

cae

Roger Smith is clearly "Mr Doomsday Scenario", as shown by his bullish DC snow forecast on 2/9 and his warning that tornadic supercells were about to roll through our area last Wednesday, but I will say that the dynamics on this event tomorrow morning are extremely impressive.    So an overperformer is certainly possible, although the 6-10" followed by gusts to 60 is a fantasy forecast.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

NAM's are pretty lame. 3k much less amped then before. Good luck to those in our northern tier, hope this pads (or doubles) your totals.

I don't think this will double my season total. I'm at 10.8 inches just north of the PA/DE line.  I think 2 inches is reasonable though. That would get me to a foot. LOL

I hope this storm is remembered for anyone that like to throw out the March/sun angle/ground temps garble.

it was 51 deg right before midnight here.  Start time helped (5:45 IMBY) but it can happen.  Very little drizzle at onset but flakes mixed in quickly.

it is now 32 w/ light/mod snow.  Approaching 1/2", looks sno globish outside. Everything except pavement/roads covered, but see slush forming on back patio already.

to coin the infamous words of MLK...

"we CAN overcome"

I really hope the trends continue for Tuesday and the entire region can enjoy some winter.

Nut

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived