Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 10 Clipper Observations

Spanks45

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

lol. You keep your board on your driveway?

Turns out that's a terrible place to put it in March! About half of what is on elevated surfaces, and where it was completely touching the driveway in the middle it was all melted.

Me fail

Just now, CT Rain said:

This storm is a sh*tshow. Haven't had this many emails about a busted forecast in years. 

3" here, right in the middle of your range in the middle of the area you had it in. Just 0" on paved surfaces which is why everyone is calling bust I'm sure.

Just now, JC-CT said:

3" here, right in the middle of your range in the middle of the area you had it in. Just 0" on paved surfaces which is why everyone is calling bust I'm sure.

It turned into an elevation event more or less. I knew driving home from East Windsor last night at 9:00 from soccer with the thermo reading 45 thru the valley they were in trouble. Even texted a few friends about it. It was 37 when I pulled in my driveway

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

This storm is a sh*tshow. Haven't had this many emails about a busted forecast in years. 

In some ways it is unfortunate how political your and other on camera met jobs have had to become. Your forecast was fine. The whole facebook thing too, takes away from the realness and science of it to some degree.

To quote Susan Sontag....The way we live now...

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It turned into an elevation event more or less. I knew driving home from East Windsor last night at 9:00 from soccer with the thermo reading 45 thru the valley they were in trouble. Even texted a few friends about it. It was 37 when I pulled in my driveway

It's only 30F at TAN.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

And I'm sure the wet roads/sidewalks in many spots makes it worse.

That is a tricky scenario for headline purposes. The criteria is based off impacts, but are there any warning type impacts when roads are just wet?

But if someone measures 6" on their deck or snowboard, it's a missed warning despite the wet roads.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

3 new on the snowboard, roads are slushy, light to moderate snow 31 degrees 

I know you suffered through some terrible years snow wise in sw RI, but from you to Kevin has really been the promised land the past ten years or so. Not just the big events, countless smaller to mid size ones along with some wild arctic squalls

What a run for you guys and it shows no sign of letting up.

Tired of being bitter about it, congrats guys :)

Just now, OceanStWx said:

That is a tricky scenario for headline purposes. The criteria is based off impacts, but are there any warning type impacts when roads are just wet?

But if someone measures 6" on their deck or snowboard, it's a missed warning despite the wet roads.

This. It's all about impact. 

Archived