SnowHabit
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mrwolf1972 said:

these are from the 6th 2 days ago

Correct...the bottom one was from two days and the top one was today's run.  Just showing the north shift thats occurred the past couple of days.  And of course...the GFS comes in weaker and further south yet again...LOL.

18 minutes ago, StoneColdWeatherAustin said:

Models seem to be doing that similar thing from January where they dove South and made Raleigh the "KABOOM" area....only to tick NW at the end and leave them with rain.

Substantial differences in that setup and this one. Cold air was not in place prior to the storms arrival for one. LP track was a little too far north and the precip arrived earlier which was bad due to the slower arrival of cold air. 

Again seeing how models are handling this Friday deal for the NE.   The Euro from 2 days ago was much flatter/weaker then today's run.  Will be interesting to see if we get a more amped solution for the Sunday threat.

12z Euro from 3/6 valid Friday 12z:

sfcmslp.conus.png

12z Euro for today valid Friday 12z.

sfcmslp.conus.png

19 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

I am a bit concerned that wow hasn't chimed in!? I need a 100 mile shift south, so I can see some frozen! I'm still keeping a wary eye on Tuesday! That's the money shot

2 things Mack:

1. Don't get suckered in. You know this has no chance for us Upstate peeps. Only twice in my life have we had accumulating snow this late, 83 and 93, and those are very rare exceptions. It's over for us. We'd need a couple hundred mile shift with deeper cold, but the NW trend is coming, never doubt it. Maybe if we were along I-40, I'd entertain some thoughts. 

2. What are you doing tracking another storm?

Archived