Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, strongwxnc said:

Strong cutoff into the southern foothills on this run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks more like the EURO output.. we shall see what happens but usually the moisture ends up a little north of where its progged

Birds are a bit vocal today, but not coming out of the trees.  This is the first year I have had Robins in January. Sometimes I wonder if the birds know more than our weather models. ( I would like to say local Mets too, but when I criticize them I get banned)  The past couple of days they have been down on the ground pecking for food like wide open Spring, not

today though. Maybe we are going to get something, if not, a close call or the birds would be feeding as usual lately.

Precip only arriving about 6 hours ahead of schedule! We can f*** up a snow event at the drop of a hat! :(

I was getting excited, my accuweather local forecast had been at a dusting all day! They bumped it up to an inch or two awhile ago! All for not tho! Me and cold rain, getting the same amount of snow from this ! :(

12 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:
13 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Precip only arriving about 6 hours ahead of schedule! We can f*** up a snow event at the drop of a hat! :(

I was getting excited, my accuweather local forecast had been at a dusting all day! They bumped it up to an inch or two awhile ago! All for not tho! Me and cold rain, getting the same amount of snow from this ! :(

Jeebus dude...you make Brick seem tolerable.

16 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

You make my head hurt.

31 minutes ago, CarlHill said:

Birds are a bit vocal today, but not coming out of the trees.  This is the first year I have had Robins in January. Sometimes I wonder if the birds know more than our weather models. ( I would like to say local Mets too, but when I criticize them I get banned)  The past couple of days they have been down on the ground pecking for food like wide open Spring, not

today though. Maybe we are going to get something, if not, a close call or the birds would be feeding as usual lately.

I agree...birds here including my chickens have moved with urgency...this could be an overperformer...but we can only hope...maybe next year!

1 minute ago, SimeonNC said:

This has overperformer written all over it imo. No crazy high amounts but more than expected.

I think there's good potential for a nice band of accumulation for a decent area immediately north of the rain snow line. I'm dubious that this will be anything more than a virga storm for central NC though. It's a desert outside right now.

4 minutes ago, SimeonNC said:

This has overperformer written all over it imo. No crazy high amounts but more than expected.

What makes you think this is going to overperform? I think it's going to perform exactly how models say it's going to perform. Outside of the mountains/foothills, widespread 1-2 inches on the ground in Upstate SC/Southern NC, isolated amounts of 3 inches. Keep in mind. The models are showing SNOWFALL , not snow DEPTH. Ratios are also going to be poor.

Archived