SnowHabit
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, franklin NCwx said:

Thanks, I assume over 3 here?

Just eyeballing it looks like more in northern part of Jackson and Macon less towards SC border. 6 inches plus in balsams. Looks like 3 to 5 in Franklin proper. Met1985 is big winner with over a foot total from first wave and wrap around snow

33 minutes ago, burrel2 said:

12z ARW and NMM look delicious for the upstate.... 1/2 of of liquid falling and surface temps go to 32/33 around 3 or 4am....

You're giving me a little hope Burrell, but I think this is going to be torture for us upstate folks, especially western upstate folks to watch. Temps are going to have  an impossible time falling fro mid 50s to low 30s in time for there to be any  snow. If snow does fall it won't amount to much with warm boundary layer. East of Greenville will have better chance.

1 hour ago, burrel2 said:

12z ARW and NMM look delicious for the upstate.... 1/2 of of liquid falling and surface temps go to 32/33 around 3 or 4am....

Nice to have some optimism for a change. Here's hoping the Mayor doesn't activate the Easley Snow Shield...

High topped out at 48, 4 degrees under the forecast high. That's the only thing giving me a little hope here cause the latest modeling has certainly taken a turn for the worst. The HRRR all morning has been showing far NE GA and the far western upstate staying rain throughout. And now the 18z NAM is in board, and it's been the most bullish on our snow chances the entire time. 

IMG_3556.PNG

Archived