• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

Not that anyone cares, but the upper level jet divergence is excellent on the GFS/NAM (aids in rising motion for precip)....but our 500mb / 850mb waves aren't quite sharp enough to ignite more precip.  Upper right panel shows the Carolinas in the right entrance region of the jet streak off the mid atlantic coast (=divergence aloft)

67oe6u0.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, downeastnc said:

The CMC was actually a step in the right direction for Sunday as it increased the snow coverage, it is starting to strengthen the first piece of of this mess  as it gets to the SC coast....Nam also has a similar look...

00Z last night

12Z today 

hm, didnt notice that.  if we see a north tick in precip i would hope that the 00z runs tonight are showing a definite trend.  we will see.

1 hour ago, griteater said:

Not that anyone cares, but the upper level jet divergence is excellent on the GFS/NAM (aids in rising motion for precip)....but our 500mb / 850mb waves aren't quite sharp enough to ignite more precip.  Upper right panel shows the Carolinas in the right entrance region of the jet streak off the mid atlantic coast (=divergence aloft)

67oe6u0.gif

Just makes it more painful, this setup wasn't that far away from being a nice 2-4" overrunning event.

10 minutes ago, griteater said:

I have no good Euro access anymore.  Wave looks pretty anemic.  Anybody got a clown map? 

10 minutes ago, griteater said:

I have no good Euro access anymore.  Wave looks pretty anemic.  Anybody got a clown map? 

wave 1 has 2-3 inch line to bout i85in NC. less as you east at hr 60.

11 minutes ago, MillerA said:

From Charlotte Channel 3 futurecast. Is this Nam heavy?  

Yeah they're both based on the WRF. It's WRF-NMM for NAM and WRF-ARW for the RPM which is the futurecast or whatever that most weather stations use. I think the RPM only goes out to 24 hours though. I don't know if the stations run it longer in house or if they just use NAM output after that.

Archived