Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKMet looks pretty dang good at hr96...more consolidated sfc low off Savannah and phased trough in the SE.  I would have no problem saying that SN_Lover is my idol if that happens and I get bombed with snow

VELycW3.gif

That's the look we need for we W NC folk.

UKMet looks pretty dang good at hr96...more consolidated sfc low off Savannah and phased trough in the SE.  I would have no problem saying that SN_Lover is my idol if that happens and I get bombed with snow

VELycW3.gif

So we ride NAM through 60 and then UK thereafter.  The UK looks amazing for 85 corridor.  

Best part is this is well within 120 hours. Less than 5 days for all pf us. Going to be a fun ride here the next couple days. Everything is going toward the right direction.

Lots of agreement for the day 5 masher....but models have been horrible at that range.  At day 5 this overrunning event was jackpotting VA and now it's SC.  

Lots of agreement for the day 5 masher....but models have been horrible at that range.  At day 5 this overrunning event was jackpotting VA and now it's SC.  

There is some pretty excellent agreement here between GFS and GGEM/CMC/UKMET. My only concern at this point is the decaying low traveling into the TN valley KY area, possibly giving us 850 issues. Otherwise looks like a clean transfer. I am starting to get hooked on this one. Euro comes out after and continues the 0Z suite monster its gonna be game on.

WOW!

Dude, that's shorts weather for all of the SE outside elevation, Roanoke may be able to break out the parkas but I feel like we have a fundamental difference in the look of a modeled snowstorm for most of this sub forum, even the VA boarder counties.  In other news, my PTO request for 3/13 - 3/15 was just submitted, southern NY is the northern extent I am will to go, has to be a solid shot at 24", I could dabble in the less than in northern VA as it has been awhile, but why not go big.

Dude, that's shorts weather for all of the SE outside elevation, Roanoke may be able to break out the parkas but I feel like we have a fundamental difference in the look of a modeled snowstorm for most of this sub forum, even the VA boarder counties.  In other news, my PTO request for 3/13 - 3/15 was just submitted, southern NY is the northern extent I am will to go, has to be a solid shot at 24", I could dabble in the less than in northern VA as it has been awhile, but why not go big.

Shorts weather? Hmm 

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=gem&region=seus&pkg=T2m&runtime=2017031000&fh=102

UKIE just went ape sh*t. 20mb drop in 24 hours from coast of charleston up to south of long island. That comes to fruition, NC mountains and VA will be pummeled and then obv on up north. Great discussions tonight. For people in SE NC and SC obv this setup does not scream winter storm for you however there is time for some things to change.

UKIE just went ape sh*t. 20mb drop in 24 hours from coast of charleston up to south of long island. That comes to fruition, NC mountains and VA will be pummeled and then obv on up north. Great discussions tonight. For people in SE NC and SC obv this setup does not scream winter storm for you however there is time for some things to change.

It does not scream winter storm for most of NC outside of the mountains.  Maybe west of I-77 and north of I-40.

Archived