3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, mrdaddyman said:

Yep:

namp_3hr_snow_a_raleigh_29.png

So the NAM still sees unicorn fecal matter plastered across the eastern parts of NC while the Euro and GFS shows  a slight dusting. What did the NAM say on the January non-event? Seems like it ended up being more accurate didn't it?

3 minutes ago, sauce-age said:

So the NAM still sees unicorn fecal matter plastered across the eastern parts of NC while the Euro and GFS shows  a slight dusting. What did the NAM say on the January non-event? Seems like it ended up being more accurate didn't it?

Not sure abt para nam but I know the OP nam NAILED it abt 72 out..    I remember tossing it like everyone else then we all ate it later 

2 minutes ago, sauce-age said:

It showed rain when the Euro, EPS, GFS, GEFS, Arpeggio, GGEM, Navgem, Open Gym, and Slim Jim all showed snow.  We got plenty of rain.

10 minutes ago, sauce-age said:

Looks like the jan storm... and we all know how that ended up.. WNC in the jackpot

2 minutes ago, snowlover91 said:

Difference between NAM and CMC only 39 hours out (48 on CMC). Look in Texas, CMC is strong with the energy there while NAM is not.

IMG_0331.PNG

IMG_0332.PNG

Good post. NAM tends to overamplify usually as well. It will be telling to see once good sampling occurs to see which model suite is going to come out victorious. I did notice on the 63hr Oz nam it looked as though it held the precip back some on the 850 panel, although I havent checked the 5h yet. On my phone. 

Archived