Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

11 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

So let me get this straight:  The weak Sunday wave sets the table for the Tuesday Mid-Atlantic HECS, which drags down the cold air to set the table for the Friday SE BECS. That where we are now?

Sounds about right. We're always 7 - 10 days out from a fantasy storm.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BornAgain13 said:

Hmmmm... I wish the CMC had more support!

It's got some support from the Euro.   It holds the southern wave back like the CMC, it's just not quite as strong to get a complete phase quick enough so ends up with a hybrid A/B system.

The NAVGEM is VERY close to a CMC-like solution.  It's doesn't quite get the southern wave to phase in the energy over the midwest and stays neutral/positive tilted.  But it's got the energy over Texas at 48 hrs like the CMC.  I like the trends here.

A83RmOJ.png

27 minutes ago, Wow said:

The NAVGEM is VERY close to a CMC-like solution.  It's doesn't quite get the southern wave to phase in the energy over the midwest and stays neutral/positive tilted.  But it's got the energy over Texas at 48 hrs like the CMC.  I like the trends here.

A83RmOJ.png

Would the trends be good for anyone in NC?

wait, we are upset at low possibility of snow accums? its mid march, seeing a snow shower is a WIN.  and wait until this time tomorrow when we get a properly sampled wave to see if the models still show the low qpf for nc. ill take plenty of cold and hoping for qpf over 1" of precip and praying a warm nose doesn't screw us.

27 minutes ago, DopplerWx said:

wait, we are upset at low possibility of snow accums? its mid march, seeing a snow shower is a WIN.  and wait until this time tomorrow when we get a properly sampled wave to see if the models still show the low qpf for nc. ill take plenty of cold and hoping for qpf over 1" of precip and praying a warm nose doesn't screw us.

Brick is shook.

13 minutes ago, snowlover91 said:

Curious why the Para Nam would have so much more qpf than even the regular NAM... anyone able to see what it does at the 500mb level?

The paranormal NAM just knows.  It certainly did with the January storm.

I have a feeling people are starting to jump ship too early.

Archived