Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the GFS this morning it's coming down then starting to retreat. Starting at hour 60 you have a 1044 in the Dakotas...you end up with a 1036 sliding further towards the GL then it retreats right as the storm is coming in. That's what is helping drive the cold air in. Euro has it retreat which ends up making it dud along with a few other things. Given climo I would think you need a 1040 and have it locked in for the duration. I've been out of the game though so I'm probably wrong :P 

4 minutes ago, burgertime said:

Hmm hard for me to get excited about this one and that's not because of being half way around the globe. These things are hard enough to score good on in the heart of winter.  My concern is how fast the high will retreat. Just seems a bit sketchy to me. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a very cold rain especially in the CLT region. 

Yeah my money is kinda on white rain at the moment. We'll see, going to need very good rates to pile stuff up with all the factors working against it.

Just now, griteater said:

Looks a little colder and a little weaker...but this is the winning formula for a lot of NC...keep it cold, then strengthen the wave and precip last minute

I don't like that those retreating 2m temps.....This looks a bit more realistic though widespread 2-4 probably around 2 inches due to melting etc..gotta see what the euro says. Good seeing the 540 line deep into NC. 

6 minutes ago, packbacker said:

We finally get the blocking to trend stronger and it crushes our wave...LOL.  I will throw in the towel tomorrow afternoon if this doesn't come back.

gfs_z500trend_namer_5.png

This. Also want to see what the NAM continues to show or whether caves to gfs

Archived