Newest Member
    SnowHabit
3/11-3/12 Winter Storm

BornAgain13

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cold Rain said:

The paranormal Nam is the best so far.  Why isn't things like that never work out, but things like the Euro dusting with rain mix always works out?

So the best model on the planet is partly flurry and the NAM shows a nice event.  I think we know which one to hug...

2 minutes ago, packbacker said:

So the best model on the planet is partly flurry and the NAM shows a nice event.  I think we know which one to hug...

In January, the all versions of the NAM showed hot garbage, while the EURO was sweetness.  We ended up with hot garbage.  Maybe the rule is, always go with the hot garbage.

Just now, Cold Rain said:

In January, the all versions of the NAM showed hot garbage, while the EURO was sweetness.  We ended up with hot garbage.  Maybe the rule is, always go with the hot garbage.

Hot garbage always wins...that should be at the top our list in the what did we learn thread.

1 minute ago, franklin NCwx said:

Lol... yesterday all the Raleigh folks were only looking at the nam because of jan. Now they toss?

Just now, Cold Rain said:

Always good to toss the NAM when it shows snow.

We toss the snowiest models and hug the warm rainers...life in Raleigh.  Though a whiff is just as likely as a warm rainer, we are equal opportunity with snow busts.

Hmm hard for me to get excited about this one and that's not because of being half way around the globe. These things are hard enough to score good on in the heart of winter.  My concern is how fast the high will retreat. Just seems a bit sketchy to me. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a very cold rain especially in the CLT region. 

1 minute ago, burgertime said:

Hmm hard for me to get excited about this one and that's not because of being half way around the globe. These things are hard enough to score good on in the heart of winter.  My concern is how fast the high will retreat. Just seems a bit sketchy to me. Wouldn't be surprised if this ends up a very cold rain especially in the CLT region. 

We don't have a retreating high. It's just getting in here as the storm hits.

Definitely think some folks see snow, but I think it'll be the wet variety that quickly melts...  

2m temps will be above freezing pretty much the whole time unless very heavy rates...  Soil temps will cool down after a while, but soil temps and warm 2m temps will initiate a lot of melting.

Still cool to see snow falling in March though.  Should be pretty.

Archived