Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 10th 2017 Clipper disco/obs

Just now, nesussxwx said:

Don't think it was elevation.

Some parts of Staten Island where getting snow covered while at my work in Summit (360'), not one road was covered. Everything was wet.

If anything the radar looked better for the south shore even 200' can make a difference in a very marginal temp situation like today 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Central Park picked up 2.1" snow. This was New York City's 3rd measurable snowfall following a 60° day this winter. That breaks the record that had been set during winter 1918-19 and tied in winter 1999-00. Winter 2016-17 is also the snowiest winter with two or more such snowfalls. In 1918-19, just 3.8" snow fell. During winter 1999-00, seasonal snowfall was 16.3".

NYC03102017.jpg

1 minute ago, donsutherland1 said:

Central Park picked up 2.1" snow. This was New York City's 3rd measurable snowfall following a 60° day this winter. That breaks the record that had been set during winter 1918-19 and tied in winter 1999-00. Winter 2016-17 is also the snowiest winter with two or more such snowfalls. In 1918-19, just 3.8" snow fell. During winter 1999-00, seasonal snowfall was 16.3".

NYC03102017.jpg

Thanks for the stats.   Any pics of the beautiful scenery from earlier today?

29 minutes ago, nesussxwx said:

Don't think it was elevation.

Some parts of Staten Island where getting snow covered while at my work in Summit (360'), not one road was covered. Everything was wet.

28 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

If anything the radar looked better for the south shore even 200' can make a difference in a very marginal temp situation like today 

Elevation at the areas of the northern state where the snow stuck is about 300', which should be good for at least 1 degree decrease in temperature. When the temp is 32, it makes a huge difference.

35 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I always get a kick out of watching videos of the 11 foot 8 bridge in NC...

The worst I ever saw in person was a an RV clip a telephone pole in Bellmore that ripped the whole side panel off. I felt bad for the guy since much of his  belongings inside ended up on Sunrise Highway.

The worst I ever saw in person was a an RV clip a telephone pole in Bellmore that ripped the whole side panel off. I felt bad for the guy since much of his  belongings inside ended up on Sunrise Highway.

The warning sign was lower than the bridge

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Archived