Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 10th 2017 Clipper disco/obs

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Hey bud I think normal for us is 30 now. I am 1 away from 30 in Easton. Norwalk I believe is 32 for normal.

yeah most likely.  BDR might be a little less.   I'm just south of the parkway so we're a bit higher than BDR (They chronically under measure there anyway)

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

He's only 8 miles NE of me. NW Suffolk just above the LIE is a fantastic snow spot. Watch him jackpot with 8"

Of course. The thing is this year the lack of cold air meant most of the snow melted in a couple days anyway so I'm just glad I had a couple decent events. Not too far SW of me can't even say that

15 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Already above here.  Normal is 27 and we're in the low 30's.

NYC, central park was 25.8 for the 1981-2010 average. For 1991- Feb 2017  they are now at 30.4. When the new averages are calculated in three years everyone is going to find especially from NYC on east that the averages they are using are way to low.

Just now, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

NYC, central park was 25.8 for the 1981-2010 average. For 1991- Feb 2017  they are now at 30.4. When the new averages are calculated in three years everyone is going to find especially from NYC on east that the averages they are using are way to low.

Yeah, fortunately NYC does have 100+ years of history, so we know the true long term average is ~ 29" (give or take 1"). I have no idea why we keep switching averages through time for trailing 30 years...

12 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

This will bring me above normal. Outside chance it gets me to 30" (I'm at 25.5" now)

Already above normal here with 27" I think we have a chance at another 40" season here, and with two of our warmest winters on record that's amazing.

2 hours ago, jm1220 said:

GFS has 0.75" liquid from the city on east, maybe some at the very start is slop/rain. The snow rates should be enough to overcome the warm ground everywhere, so this run should be a good 4-6" locally 7-8". Eastern Suffolk might have to go to a warning, and advisories should go down to the Philly area. Models definitely are ticking south this morning. Unfortunately the heaviest looks to be in the morning during the commute-it'll be a mess. 

It sounds like a lesser version of the early February storm.  We were in the 60s the day before that one too and the timing is very similar.

Just now, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

What do you consider the normal in LB. I'm thinking 25 and 26 in wantagh. By the way aren't you happy your not in Texas right now!!

IDK... I guess around 24". At least 5" or so less than north of the LIE. 

When these storms verify I'll be plenty happy. Missing an all-timer last Jan hurt baaaddddd.

Just now, jm1220 said:

IDK... I guess around 24". At least 5" or so less than north of the LIE. 

When these storms verify I'll be plenty happy. Missing an all-timer last Jan hurt baaaddddd.

I was thinking about that when I wrote that. That must have been awful. That storm was special in many ways. 

24" sounds good. I think the average goes up an inch every 4 miles from the ocean 

24 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

Yup 3" will get me to normal 

I will need close to a foot to be at normal. Not gonna happen unless we get something else, and right now I am not banking on more than 2 in CNJ, because these march storms always find a way to underperform around here.

One clue that this won't be much for me is the lack of posters from my area.....I've seen little of them. Also, some of the weather sites are as little as 1-3 for me, so I'll keep an eye on things here. It's March and I don't shovel in March; nature will take care of whatever falls.

1 hour ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

He's only 8 miles NE of me. NW Suffolk just above the LIE is a fantastic snow spot. Watch him jackpot with 8"

8" would get me over 40", but that might be a bit much to expect.  22 year average here is 39.5".  If we get to 50" that would pull the 23 year average over 40".  Maybe unlikely, but not impossible with tomorrow's and next week's chances.  Never thought I'd see that based on the lean snow years when I was growing up.

This winter is / will be just like 97 - 98, 01-02, 11-12 except it  snowed.

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived