Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 10th 2017 Clipper disco/obs

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep seeing online that some people in the midwest put grass seed down on their lawns before a snowstorm to enable the snow to make great contact with the ground as the snow later melts and the ground turns muddy.    So, I am going to try that today.   Wish me luck.   Come early May, my lawn will either look like a golf course, or, starting later today, the birds will have an all you can eat feast, either way, the grass seed company has made money.   My neighbors will be peering out their windows laughing at me.  I dont care.  They laughed at Elon Musk, Einstein, and Plato too.    Its time for a new revolution.

7 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I wouldn't say clear roads if it comes down moderate for a time before 9 or 10 am. After that it'll have trouble sticking to pavement

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I am thinking wet roads until the temps cool.

NAM to me still seems mehh near the coast and city, better north of I-80 and in S CT. Probably 3-5" outside the city. Hopefully the models with the better coastal development are right, most models shoot the overrunning just north of the city. The GFS would be a nice few hours of heavy snow in the city as it leaves, NAM doesn't seem to enhance the snow as much. 

2 minutes ago, yankeex777 said:

Any ideas of start times?  I'm in Trenton, I wonder if it will affect the morning commute.

It wont be as bad in Trenton as it is up around the city and north but yes morning commute will be affected, it starts up overnight

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived