• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 10th 2017 Clipper disco/obs

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

It's pretty outragous that I'm sitting at under 15" on the season and you have nearly four times more snow than me not more than 40-50 miles to my NNW.

You've been in the screw zone for the last couple of winters. Too far west for the coastals, too far south for the marginal events that hit the LHV. I'm in NE Bergen county and somehow at about 2' for the season

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

You've been in the screw zone for the last couple of winters. Too far west for the coastals, too far south for the marginal events that hit the LHV. I'm in NE Bergen county and somehow at about 2' for the season

Well I lived in Morris County until last Summer, and that's been a major screw zone since the Winter of 2011-2012. Now I live in far NW Bergen County and I've just had terrible luck.

6 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Ur really under 15? Jesus 

our totals up here were inflated from a good December.. I think December ended around 20-28" up here 

We don't have much here in CNJ and frankly I see no reason to believe this storm will have much impact at all on us, if any. Even if NYC is in the game, that's a bit north of here, these systems don't usually favor us. Not getting hopes up.

2 hours ago, NJwx85 said:

It's pretty outragous that I'm sitting at under 15" on the season and you have nearly four times more snow than me not more than 40-50 miles to my NNW.

Wow, 18" here in Metuchen, about 40 miles south of you down the Parkway - that's unusual for us to have more than you...

How many of you guys saw significant snow with the early January storm? I think that was the big difference for those of us in the eastern part of the city and just east of the city.  I have 27" on the season and 24" of those came in three storms.  

6 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Wow, 18" here in Metuchen, about 40 miles south of you down the Parkway - that's unusual for us to have more than you...

Didn't realize we put together that much, seems like an 80's winter.....back then I would be fishing for winter flounder in the Shrewsbury by now. 

13 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I had said that I hoped to see RGEM continue to correct south tonight. Boy did it ever! It gets 4 inches of snow down to NYC. Thump of heavy snow for the entire area. 

It's north with the WAA/overrunning still but it's trending more dynamic with the coastal moisture.  Someone will get hit by both, likely vicinity DXR or HPN and will do the best 

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

It's north with the WAA/overrunning still but it's trending more dynamic with the coastal moisture.  Someone will get hit by both, likely vicinity DXR or HPN and will do the best 

I noticed earlier that the lollipops were near Eastern Connecticut & Eastern Long Island and I was figuring that was because once the lp hits the water that moisture will get thrown back there. Are you saying now that the rgem it seemed that moisture spread back further West?

Starting to think there will be a swath north of I-80 that averages 6" with this because of models zeroing in on this area for the overrunning shot. South of there for NYC, down to I-78 and the coast will depend on how this zone sags south along with how cold it gets. Hopefully it's a good shot of snow when it's near freezing and preferably early morning, that's the only way IMO the city sees more than 1-2" of slush. Out in Suffolk, it'll probably be 3-5".

The feature diving SE through NJ on Fri afternoon is showing up on most models and could give another inch to some places. That will be with the Arctic air coming in.

19 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Starting to think there will be a swath north of I-80 that averages 6" with this because of models zeroing in on this area for the overrunning shot. South of there for NYC, down to I-78 and the coast will depend on how this zone sags south along with how cold it gets. Hopefully it's a good shot of snow when it's near freezing and preferably early morning, that's the only way IMO the city sees more than 1-2" of slush. Out in Suffolk, it'll probably be 3-5".

The feature diving SE through NJ on Fri afternoon is showing up on most models and could give another inch to some places. That will be with the Arctic air coming in.

March tends to have wild differences in totals at the airports vs a few miles away.  I used to have storms with 6-7-8 inches while JFK would measure 2 

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived