joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2017's Last Gasp

tnweathernut

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With this shift north some does any of this snow spill into northeast tn?

Not sure this is actually a north shift, some mods have a hard time with precip shields especially on the north side. They tend to under estimate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20 minutes ago, realdeal2414 said:

With this shift north some does any of this snow spill into northeast tn?

Glad to see you posting, realdeal.  I think it will be tough to get anything here.  I will be glad to eat crow if wrong.  Models are pretty insistent w south of I-40 here in the eastern Valley.  We might have an outside shot at seeing some flakes from the Noreaster in a couple of days.  With that one, we get a ton of precip (1" liquid) and temps are marginal.  Maybe we can get rates to cool the column????  Maybe the storm wraps-up more and moves west.  The 12z NAM showed the northern energy w that system digging further west and south.  It sharpened the trough, and pulled the storm back west a bit...Still not sure I trust the NAM as it is prob too amped.

45 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Glad to see you posting, realdeal.  I think it will be tough to get anything here.  I will be glad to eat crow if wrong.  Models are pretty insistent w south of I-40 here in the eastern Valley.  We might have an outside shot at seeing some flakes from the Noreaster in a couple of days.  With that one, we get a ton of precip (1" liquid) and temps are marginal.  Maybe we can get rates to cool the column????  Maybe the storm wraps-up more and moves west.  The 12z NAM showed the northern energy w that system digging further west and south.  It sharpened the trough, and pulled the storm back west a bit...Still not sure I trust the NAM as it is prob too amped.

Thanks..don't know much but love weather and especially winter. Thanks for the info for in a couple days. I was curious if we would get much with that system.

Morristown expecting widespread showers (rain??) this afternoon.  I don't see how anything that falls will be plain rain.  With the dry air in place, I think precipitation this afternoon will be snow, or sleet or a mixture of rain and snow.

A brief break from snow is
expected...and then widespread showers are expected through the
afternoon...transitioning to snow overnight. Have issued an
advisory through 2 PM EST for the Cumberland Plateau...with the
advisory across Southeast TN and Southwest NC continuing tonight.

Morristown expecting widespread showers (rain??) this afternoon.  I don't see how anything that falls will be plain rain.  With the dry air in place, I think precipitation this afternoon will be snow, or sleet or a mixture of rain and snow.

A brief break from snow is
expected...and then widespread showers are expected through the
afternoon...transitioning to snow overnight. Have issued an
advisory through 2 PM EST for the Cumberland Plateau...with the
advisory across Southeast TN and Southwest NC continuing tonight.

Yeah I agree. When I got a snow shower the temp dropped from 37 to 34 in 15 min, DP still in the low 20's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, JayCee said:

I agree, I was as warm as 39 earlier this morning but it's been snowing all morning decent snow now and down to 34.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived