Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2017's Last Gasp

tnweathernut

3 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

I'll be at a cabin in the foothills watching it snow while lounging in a hot tub drinking cold beer for this.  It was just dumb luck as the trip was planned months ago.  

:guitar:

That is awesome.  Enjoy that.  Even if the snow fizzles, you still have the hot tub and beer.  Maybe this cabin brings good snow mo jo.  If so, might need to pass the plate next winter and send you earlier.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

I'll be at a cabin in the foothills watching it snow while lounging in a hot tub drinking cold beer for this.  It was just dumb luck as the trip was planned months ago.  

:guitar:

Don't ya just love it when a plan comes together?  You'll at least be somewhere that has a better shot at some snow flake-age.   Enjoy.  :pepsi:

Interesting that MRX has chosen to leave the southern counties out of the advisory. Recent trends suggest that those counties may be the only ones outside the mountains that get anything. They actually took my accumulations down to half an inch and raised the minimum temp tomorrow night to 33. They must like the GFS. 

Feast or famine, some folks in the sub-forum will make out like bandits with this one.  Hopefully, at least many will enjoy some flakage even if it doesn't pile up.

Good luck on your trip. Be careful coming back down, some freaking scary roads up there in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, dwagner88 said:

Interesting that MRX has chosen to leave the southern counties out of the advisory. Recent trends suggest that those counties may be the only ones outside the mountains that get anything. They actually took my accumulations down to half an inch and raised the minimum temp tomorrow night to 33. They must like the GFS. 

Euro and GFS are a whiff in a climotalogically unfavored event. It's good to see them make good forecast even if they get burned. 

1 hour ago, Mr Bob said:

Euro and GFS are a whiff in a climotalogically unfavored event. It's good to see them make good forecast even if they get burned. 

I sort of understand leaving Bradley out. It has no elevation. I don't think it makes sense to leave out Polk and Hamilton. The elevated areas in those counties are going to see advisory snow. I think some of the outlying areas even in the valley could as well. 

15 minutes ago, Reb said:

2nd storm on the NAM has my interest now

Yep.  It and the 12k Parallel NAM on WXBell really dig the northern piece of energy...right into the GC states.  Starts to phase in southwest GA.  Not sure that I am ready to push my chips in, but I will at least ante up.  Some models are creating a huge storm.  If anything, will just be fun to watch how deep the pressure can go.

7 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I don't know if it will happen, but that's basically how the maps looked just before the January 20th event last year. NW to SE track, ended up 75-100 miles ENE of the modeled path. 

That was a cutter,gave the Mid Valley a good storm

January_2016_United_States_blizzard_RSI_map.png

800px-January_2016_United_States_winter_storm_2016-01-22_0230Z.png

17 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I don't know if it will happen, but that's basically how the maps looked just before the January 20th event last year. NW to SE track, ended up 75-100 miles ENE of the modeled path. 

It was when the snow dome around Nashville got blown up..lol

12 hours ago, Mr Bob said:

This forum prides itself on good discussion and no bickering...both of y'all either report the post or ignore it but don't get in a contest here as you will be on the sidelines for this event.

We live in 3 dimensions in the Valley, it seems like.West,Central and East.West is more severe,east more snow,us in the Central are flip a coin

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived