Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2017's Last Gasp

tnweathernut

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

We're probably getting Nammed, but no sun angle or ground temp could deter a dumping such as that.  It would be epic.

It would be epic after such an abysmal Winter that we have a snow like that in March on the weekend anniversary of the '93 Superstorm. 

We'll have to see if this starts a stronger/northern trend on the models. That's a massive move for the Euro from 12z. Figures the Canadian and the Euro would basically flip positions. I honestly strongly prefer having the Euro in our corner vs the Canadian.

I concur, to see this from the euro is refreshing.

The key to north or not is strength and orientation of the system. When systems are stronger and take on a slightly more negative tilt they come north. The massive qpf increase on the Euro seems to indicate that is what happened.

Yesterday it led the trend of weaker, most positive tilt, drier. All the models except the NAM followed it. We will see if it leads the way back.

The key to north or not is strength and orientation of the system. When systems are stronger and take on a slightly more negative tilt they come north. The massive qpf increase on the Euro seems to indicate that is what happened.

Yesterday it led the trend of weaker, most positive tilt, drier. All the models except the NAM followed it. We will see if it leads the way back.

It will be funny if the nam ends up being right all along. It kept spitting out totals way higher then all the other models today until tonight's euro run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Earlier I mentioned how modeling qpf is the toughest thing for the models from what I've observed. 24 hours ago the GFS modeled .5 or less for the entire state for this current rain event. 48 hours ago the max in Tennessee was .3 over a very small area for this event and most of the state was .10 to .20. 

A large portion of the state is over 1 inch on the evening with some maxes of 2.5 now that the event is unfolding. I'm currently just over 1 inch with heavy precip falling.

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived