Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter 2017's Last Gasp

tnweathernut

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, tnweathernut said:

Not buying the downslope for northeast TN (at this point). Doesn't make a lot of sense given the surface features...  winds would probably be mostly from the E or ENE 

The Canadian has the 850 winds on the Eastern side blowing in from almost the due south at 78-84hrs. They are blowing right over the mountains and down into the NEValley. I suspect that's the cause of the downsloping it's depicting.

gem_mslp_uv850_us_15.png

Euro came in flat/drier/further south compared to the other models and it's prior runs. Has the system 100 miles or so off the Louisiana/Alabama coast in the Gulf, rather than hugging the Gulf as it had been.

Not got great maps but looked like a 1-3 inch event along the 40 corridor with a bit more in the Eastern Mountains.

I'm noticing a disturbing trend of lower precip amounts on the GFS across the valley. This coupled with the lower amount of the Euro really has me concerned. At 500mb I'm noticing that the shortwave is getting stretched out and more positive tilted as it moves through the area. Something to watch for as the 12z runs roll in.

I'm noticing a disturbing trend of lower precip amounts on the GFS across the valley. This coupled with the lower amount of the Euro really has me concerned. At 500mb I'm noticing that the shortwave is getting stretched out and more positive tilted as it moves through the area. Something to watch for as the 12z runs roll in.

Just finding a positive in this. Less moisture could mean colder. So higher rates and colder ground temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived