• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA - March 2017

Just now, anotherman said:

Horst: My big concern from the start has been a changeover to sleet across SE PA. Step outside and you'll feel a SE breeze off the ocean...already!

But as per the 18z on Pivotal only one panel at 825 gets close. see below

700s fine

925's fine

I'll ok w/ that

850th.us_ne.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, canderson said:

Tom Russell at CBS21 going quite a bit less heavy.

C601P7MWsAMJRGN.jpg

Ugh!  That's a horrible presentation even if the idea of warm air aloft into Berks and Lancaster isn't.  So...  should I prepare for 10-12 inches or "some wintry mix".?

Just now, yak said:

Ugh!  That's a horrible presentation even if the idea of warm air aloft into Berks and Lancaster isn't.  So...  should I prepare for 10-12 inches or "some wintry mix".?

he better turn his email/twitter feeds off.

and go on a LONG vacation.

His fan club gonna b pissed.

Nut

Just now, pasnownut said:

he better turn his email/twitter feeds off.

and go on a LONG vacation.

His fan club gonna b pissed.

Nut

I don't know the guy but that map reads to me: "We expect a general 8-12 inch snowfall over the Lower Susquehanna Valley with the higher amounts to the east".  Not unreasonable.  I don't know why that requires a map to show that the 8-10 vs. 10-12 inch line will perfectly bisect their two biggest viewer areas in Harrisburg and York so that anything 8-12 is a big win.  Lancaster and Reading might mix and they're not our big fan base so let's just say that they might have a major to crippling snowstorm or "some wintry mix".  And apparently there is a very small Bermuda triangle in southern York County where good and evil are so diametrically opposed that the precipitation parts to prevent anything from reaching the ground.

Just now, yak said:

I don't know the guy but that map reads to me: "We expect a general 8-12 inch snowfall over the Lower Susquehanna Valley with the higher amounts to the east".  Not unreasonable.  I don't know why that requires a map to show that the 8-10 vs. 10-12 inch line will perfectly bisect their two biggest viewer areas in Harrisburg and York so that anything 8-12 is a big win.  Lancaster and Reading might mix and they're not our big fan base so let's just say that they might have a major to crippling snowstorm or "some wintry mix".  And apparently there is a very small Bermuda triangle in southern York County where good and evil are so diametrically opposed that the precipitation parts to prevent anything from reaching the ground.

posting a map that says "wintery mix" while Chester county is under a blizzard warning.

either he has a crystal ball or almost all other guidance is wrong.  with a storm of this magnitude...quite misleading.

Not arguing, but thats just my opinion.

welcome to the forum

Good luck.

CTP's WSW text now says 16-20".

This reminds me of last year when they kept updating mais adding another 4-6" until they eventually got to 26-34". 

The HiRes NAM and its parallel are quite insistent with that deform band over us. The 20Z HRRR has 11-13" of snow by 10 am

IMG_1013.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8 minutes ago, canderson said:

CTP's WSW text now says 16-20".

This reminds me of last year when they kept updating mais adding another 4-6" until they eventually got to 26-34". 

I agree, they have been bumping it up all day. Their latest "most likely" map for Harrisburg is 18 inches &  "potential for this much" map now says 27 inches!!!

STEVE iRWIN'S VOICE: this is the current state of the snow plows in pennDot's control. you can see by the track that some of migrated from the west to the east to be apart of the once in a decade snow event. They will migrate home after they have finished their tasks.

sps.jpg

2 minutes ago, Rickg2 said:

STEVE iRWIN'S VOICE: this is the current state of the snow plows in pennDot's control. you can see by the track that some of migrated from the west to the east to be apart of the once in a decade snow event. They will migrate home after they have finished their tasks.

It's becoming more of an annual migration haha. I can't believe the Sus Valley is staring down potentially another top ten event right after last year. 

Speaking of migrations haha, we should probably move to an obs thread soon.

2 hours ago, MAG5035 said:

I wonder if NortheastPAWx is able to come home for this storm. It looks like at long last that the Scranton/WB area is going to be part of ground zero for this. 

Nope, I'm stuck. Even if I wanted to I doubt I could...only getting the one day off (benefits of being a NYC Public Schools teacher!). Fortunately, my part of NYC might be in a great position to get high double-digits if we avoid the mix like models are hinting - might be confined to Brooklyn, Queens, and Lower Manhattan as far as we are concerned.

Archived