Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA - March 2017

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, FootDrB said:

What do you see as the timing of the storm through the Rt. 80 corridor?  I have to pass through Monday night from east to west and want to get past the Clearfield/DuBois/Clarion area before the worst of the conditions if possible.

By 10 pm snow should start up in that latitude is my guess as per 18zs.  Safe travels 

3 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

I'm going to bed early tonight. Well, maybe after the GFS. Wait...that's at midnight now. That won't work. I want to get a good night of sleep tonight because I'm hoping tomorrow night is special...

Yeah. You'd better get your sleep. I have a feeling another 24 hours post will be coming. 

30 minutes ago, meteo said:

Does anybody have the srefs maps?  I'm just curious to see what they are showing.

I'll cut the suspense to say that for the 15z run every station in our region I've clicked on has a MEAN snowfall of 15-20" with a pretty even distribution of members above and below that mean. I wouldn't say they're useless at this range.. I mean we're  about 24-36 hrs from this thing being here. I'm sure they're probably a bit amped up but still, a very strong heavy snow signal from them for everyone. 

btw folks, what I issued for my friends and such, not sure how you guys like the wording.

but for much of central and eastern PA I said 8-12 in central PA, near 12 in the i-81 and I-78 corridors, and 12-18" in the poconos. but I also emphasized that there will be a heavier band somewhere like the storm that shut down Penn State in the mid 90's that may see 2 feet, but that the models aren't clear where to put that heavier band, and we may not totally know until just a few hours out. Just don't be shocked if somewhere sees that much higher amount.

hopefully that is adequate wording, based off what we're all seeing attm.

One of the great things about this storm is that its coming at a time when I'm in orientation and won't have to drive in it.

One of the bad things is that I won't get to see how it plays out in my own neighborhood. It may be the biggest storm to hit Tamaqua in my 16 years living there, and perhaps the biggest ever in modern history, and I'll not be THERE to enjoy and experience it.

On the bright side though, I won't have to shovel any of it...lol

35 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

I'll cut the suspense to say that for the 15z run every station in our region I've clicked on has a MEAN snowfall of 15-20" with a pretty even distribution of members above and below that mean. I wouldn't say they're useless at this range.. I mean we're  about 24-36 hrs from this thing being here. I'm sure they're probably a bit amped up but still, a very strong heavy snow signal from them for everyone. 

Thanks fellow Blair Countian.  I have family that live in Bellwood and my grandpap is from the Riggles Gap area. 

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I love his posts. I envision him either stoned, drunk or both, smoking Marlboro Reds and drinking Old Milwaukee pounders and posting on American Weather :D

While I am touched that your mental image of me is this dude...

internet-tough-guy.jpg

That is just not who I am. Unfortunately, I am almost always sober when posting. I have a habit of getting significantly messed up during big snowstorms because, why not? I'm pretty sure I livestreamed a colonoscopy of myself during the February 9, 2010 storm in between rounds of Jagermeister. I'd post stoned but despite being a perfect candidate for full-blown pothead status, I'm not the kind of guy who has the balls to post "Anybody know where I can buy some weed?" on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Facebook page.

As for vice: You couldn't pay me enough to drink Old Milwaukee. I'd rather wrap barbed wire and salt into seaweed, eat that, and chase it with battery acid before I drank that horse piss. My grandfather drank Old Milwaukee. In 1987. He's dead now. I'm not saying the two are linked, he died in 2009, but facts are facts: He drank Old Milwaukee and he is no longer alive.

Also, I'm not Mikey Rourke. Nor do I look like him. Also, I do not listen to Whitesnake, so the Reds are out. Plus smoking gets in the way of trying to conjur up the balls to solicit the local police for marijuanas. Also the strippers don't like the smell of smoke.

And if this post gets deleted, I'm going to be nuclear butthurt.

Just now, Jns2183 said:

Official NWS Forcast

0A2A8986-6F7B-4CEE-83AE-1E59F7A0BF9F.jpg06119A08-4138-4A5F-A1BC-6DE7851187D5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

say what you want....but I think I ticked off a redtagger...or someones out for me.  Look at Lancaster county on these maps.

looks like one of them got ahold of the pink pen.

Guess I better start being nice....:blink:

Nut

Just now, Atomixwx said:

While I am touched that your mental image of me is this dude...

internet-tough-guy.jpg

That is just not who I am. Unfortunately, I am almost always sober when posting. I have a habit of getting significantly messed up during big snowstorms because, why not? I'm pretty sure I livestreamed a colonoscopy of myself during the February 9, 2010 storm in between rounds of Jagermeister. I'd post stoned but despite being a perfect candidate for full-blown pothead status, I'm not the kind of guy who has the balls to post "Anybody know where I can buy some weed?" on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Facebook page.

As for vice: You couldn't pay me enough to drink Old Milwaukee. I'd rather wrap barbed wire and salt into seaweed, eat that, and chase it with battery acid before I drank that horse piss. My grandfather drank Old Milwaukee. In 1987. He's dead now. I'm not saying the two are linked, he died in 2009, but facts are facts: He drank Old Milwaukee and he is no longer alive.

Also, I'm not Mikey Rourke. Nor do I look like him. Also, I do not listen to Whitesnake, so the Reds are out. Plus smoking gets in the way of trying to conjur up the balls to solicit the local police for marijuanas. Also the strippers don't like the smell of smoke.

And if this post gets deleted, I'm going to be nuclear butthurt.

We REALLY need a CTP get together.  I'll personally pick you up and take you to it.

Nut

1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

I got a feeling I'm going to get smoked

I stopped at Turkey Hill for a slushy. The original and still the best. 

Another nugget from years of watching the big dogs unfold. There will be surprises, both good and unfortunately, bad. Someone currently not pegged to be jackpotted will end up getting just that. Someone else might get less. Use models for clues but not absolutes. Be ready for anything, and be ready for an even better night tomorrow than tonight. 

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

The comedy is great in here tonight. It's amazing what a little snowstorm does for the human psyche...

I hope none of the posts get deleted!

I think they're safe lol, I haven't seen a mod in here all winter. Our last two C-PA threads are still open and usually a moderator will close them. 

This subforum has a nice balance of just enough people/mets to have a good discussion when things are active but still small enough for banter in between. 

Just now, MAG5035 said:

I think they're safe lol, I haven't seen a mod in here all winter. Our last two C-PA threads are still open and usually a moderator will close them. 

This subforum has a nice balance of just enough people/mets to have a good discussion when things are active but still small enough for banter in between. 

BANTER......

this Shizzle's fo rizzle yo !!

Nut

Just now, Atomixwx said:

Did the gummi bears come with a box of tampons? Sack up next time and buy some gummi worms.

and if you buy some of the BIG swedish fish....

you can use the worms to play pretend go fish between shots and model runs.

I'm sure you can find a small rod somewhere if you look hard enough.......

I'm sorry.....

:)

Nut

Archived