Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
Central PA - March 2017

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CTP now put Lancaster county in the WWA for 2-3 inches this am! I was so happy for you & Maytown when I saw that.

It is snowing steadily in Marysville. The grass & car tops are working on their first inch of snow. Radar looks great all the way back into Ohio!

Thx bud. Glad to be part of the game. Snowing nicely and from what I could tell very little list as rain. Ground whitening as we speak. Steady snow. 

If we can pull off 2" it's a win. It will fell like winter and the anticipation for Tuesday will be all the sweeter. 

My one week winter. 

Nut

Thx bud. Glad to be part of the game. Snowing nicely and from what I could tell very little list as rain. Ground whitening as we speak. Steady snow. 

If we can pull off 2" it's a win. It will fell like winter and the anticipation for Tuesday will be all the sweeter. 

My one week winter. 

Nut

Don't forget the bomb coming after Tuesday. :)

What are your thoughts for Tuesday for down our way? 

I like where we sit (for now). At least per the models we still get a decent shot on all of the models. My biggest concern is with things taking too much time to evolve.

However, it does look like the southern energy is becoming more dominant which may helps us from getting the "shutout".

Plenty of time left, but I'm feeling pretty good. Best feeling all winter but that's not hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like where we sit (for now). At least per the models we still get a decent shot on all of the models. My biggest concern is with things taking too much time to evolve.

However, it does look like the southern energy is becoming more dominant which may helps us from getting the "shutout".

Plenty of time left, but I'm feeling pretty good. Best feeling all winter but that's not hard to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Initially i was a bit disappointed when seeing things move away from a complete phase, but as you and others have said, we can still do very well with the southern stream being the dominant system. My concern with that is that models have consistently overdeveloped systems in medium range only to steadily weaken them once closer to showtime. 

Don't forget the bomb coming after Tuesday. :)

Roger that...its hard not to get jacked up right now.

Now that today is happening, I'm focusing on Sunday "non" storm and watching to see how it effects Tuesday.

I feel like were Maverick in the movie Top Gun and were trying to get our buddy Goose to land safely on deck.

Nut

whoa, were did this gem come from

its 32 here, ground and vehicles covered with the paste. 

Its basically a slight uptick from 0z.

Sounds like Euro is good, but not near these numbers....so I guess we concede somewhere in the middle for now.

thats ok by all of us I'm sure.

Nut

I hope this storm is remembered for anyone that like to throw out the March/sun angle/ground temps garble.

it was 51 deg right before midnight here.

it is now 32 w/ light/mod snow.  Approaching 1/2", looks sno globish outside. Everything except pavement/roads covered, but see slush forming on back patio already.

to coin the infamous words of MLK...

"we CAN overcome"

Nut

Getting some larger aggregates now with the heavier band of precipitation.

I was wondering about that heavy band. Is it a squall line or a deformation? Looking at the radar, it almost looks like a squall line. I'd imagine there's some pretty good rates in it, though.

I was wondering about that heavy band. Is it a squall line or a deformation? Looking at the radar, it almost looks like a squall line. I'd imagine there's some pretty good rates in it, though.

It's associated with deformation at 700 mb increasing the thermal gradient (i.e., frontogenesis) and producing lift. I haven't measured the snow accumulation here, but there is noticeably more snow on the trees now compared to before the band was over us.

I hope this storm is remembered for anyone that like to throw out the March/sun angle/ground temps garble.

it was 51 deg right before midnight here.

it is now 32 w/ light/mod snow.  Approaching 1/2", looks sno globish outside. Everything except pavement/roads covered, but see slush forming on back patio already.

to coin the infamous words of MLK...

"we CAN overcome"

Nut

People will remember this now until at least...the next time. 

Archived