Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 10-15 Multi Wave Setup

Hoosier

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

After 09z it looks like the LE band gets a shove south through southern Chicago.  Parks pretty close to Hoosier's back yard around daybreak tomorrow.  3km NAM has him pretty close to 0.3" precip by the time it shoves east again.  

It's anybody's guess as far as how it plays out with duration.  I'm reasonably confident in 3-5" here even if the band is fairly transient, but hoping it pulls a 1/21/2014. Might be too much to ask. :P

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

It's anybody's guess as far as how it plays out with duration.  I'm reasonably confident in 3-5" here even if the band is fairly transient, but hoping it pulls a 1/21/2014. Might be too much to ask. :P

Haha, good luck.  No matter what it will be entertaining, as it will likely snow quite hard there as the band passes through.  Just a matter of if it stalls or not.

Melting quite a bit here now.  Very bright out with some dendrites still fluttering down.  Rain gauge has measured 0.02" as the snow melts inside the funnel.

2 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

03/02/09 Please

Lull here last hr.   See what the LES brings..  Before going in - I always count on every LES situation to bust.   I honestly don't know whats going to transpire.    Could be a inch or less or 10+

That's part of the fun of LES. But let's be honest... more often than not these events don't work out as expected on this side of the lake. They can work out though... especially with a bomb on the east coast.

Fired up the cam for the first time this "winter": http://ustre.am/16Txc

12 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Haha, good luck.  No matter what it will be entertaining, as it will likely snow quite hard there as the band passes through.  Just a matter of if it stalls or not.

Melting quite a bit here now.  Very bright out with some dendrites still fluttering down.  Rain gauge has measured 0.02" as the snow melts inside the funnel.

Even a 3-6" type deal in northwest IN would be one of the better March LES events in the area since 1998.  Of course the synoptic storm that preceded (March 9) was just a little bit better than this one. 

7 minutes ago, tuanis said:

That's part of the fun of LES. But let's be honest... more often than not these events don't work out as expected on this side of the lake. They can work out though... especially with a bomb on the east coast.

Fired up the cam for the first time this "winter": http://ustre.am/16Txc

There's a definite correlation there.  Actually a good way to narrow down a search of past events... look for an east coast low.

Banana PalmBoy is going to need a new pair of shorts...  Training over Mt Saukville...  I hope its record setting..he deserves it. 

4 to 5 over here..roads are already melting ...  clearing to the north.  Season should end up pretty much near normal (snowfall amts) if no other big snows fall between now and summer.

13 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

My storm total snow is 4.6 inches with a liquid total of 0.40".

Sucks the late night snow didn't deliver there.  Figured you'd make a legit run at 6".  You can definitely tell the areas that benefited from some of the higher ratio meso bands.  Several reports of 6"+, particularly north of I-80 in Iowa.  Lowden just came in with 7.8".  Guessing DVN will have come close to 7" based on the 5.8" from 12z.  Finished with 4.7" here.  Still could add a tenth or two later on if the LE stuff moves through.  

Getting a steady LES streamer off of Lake Erie for the past few hours cutting through Windsor and down town Detroit.    At home an inch,  the city closer to 4. 

I can't recall such an influence on lake Erie on snow here ever before.  I wonder if the trend will continue as the winds shift off of St Claire near the end.

Archived