Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 10-15 Multi Wave Setup

Hoosier

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4.3" here as of an hour ago or so.  DVN with 5.8", MLI has 4.3" as of 12z.  Should see another 0.5-1" from the residual system snow.  Then the wild card is this afternoon/eve with some potential snow shower activity with the help of Lake Michigan.  Iowa side not looking quite as favorable to get in on that as it looked yesterday.  I'll be pretty pumped if we can get one of those LE showers here later.  Would be a rare treat lol.  

2.2" at ORD as of 7AM.

Synoptic snows shutting down soon, and it looks like most of the CWA will finish in the 1-3" range, except near the lake where there was enhancement and more like 2-5" totals.

All in all not so great of a performance by guidance. This system had big similarities the the 2nd snow event in December... Small amount of dry air that could be overcome, but forcing was an issue was a big problem, leading to lower totals and a bad showing from guidance.

30 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

2.2" at ORD as of 7AM.

Synoptic snows shutting down soon, and it looks like most of the CWA will finish in the 1-3" range, except near the lake where there was enhancement and more like 2-5" totals.

All in all not so great of a performance by guidance. This system had big similarities the the 2nd snow event in December... Small amount of dry air that could be overcome, but forcing was an issue was a big problem, leading to lower totals and a bad showing from guidance.

What a garbage way to snap the futility record 

3 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Too lazy to go out and measure..  Plenty of snow to tear the fields up on the snowmobile - anything more is bonus with this system.  Hoping to hit double digits

Nice!  Radar is looking pretty sweet up your way.  The COD loop really defines the LE snow bands well.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=MKX-N0Q-1-24

Thanks for the link, Cyclone.   I can't even remember (many yrs) the last time I've looked at a radar during a storm.  It's been a horendous last 3 winters and I don't need to drive my self anymore nuts staring at a radar.   So now I just enjoy it old school like I did before the internet many - many - yrs ago lol.    Looking outside the  sky  has the look of a  winding down mid-march system to the sky..     Now - I sit waiting impatiently for a miracle snow globe to ramp up again later.

2 minutes ago, homedis said:

Wishing NE IL could get in on some of the LE that SE Wisconsin is getting. MKE is getting pounded now

Hopefully in due time. There will likely be some totals approaching a foot in SE Wisconsin. My concern is if a single band converges tonight it may be too progressive to dump much in our backyards. We'll see.

Was hoping for 14" and that was my forecast to those who asked.   If the LES even half arse pans out I'll pull a foot.   If it goes to town I bet some area will fluff stick it up to 16"

I'm taking the stance that any snow beyond this is just bonus.  Gun to my head I would never have predicted 14" but I had a strong hunch the MKE Office would be making upward adjustments during the day.

6 minutes ago, tuanis said:

Hopefully in due time. There will likely be some totals approaching a foot in SE Wisconsin. My concern is if a single band converges tonight it may be too progressive to dump much in our backyards. We'll see.

That's another worry, hoping for a stationary band but we'll have to see if it goes through your area or mine :) 

4 hours ago, Baum said:

LOT goes lake effect warning for 5-9 additional. 

And MKX calling for 9-15" total, including overnight snowfall.  MKE has had 0.30" of liquid in the past 3 hours, currently SN+ with 8" on the ground.

KMKE 131452Z 15008KT 1/4SM +SN BKN005 OVC010 M02/M04 A3023 RMK AO2 SLP246 SNINCR 1/8 P0009 60030 T10171039 53003 RVRNO

Milwaukee-Racine-Kenosha-
Including the cities of West Allis, Wauwatosa, Greenfield,
Franklin, Oak Creek, South Milwaukee, Cudahy, Racine, and Kenosha
943 AM CDT Mon Mar 13 2017

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CDT TUESDAY...

The National Weather Service in Milwaukee/Sullivan has issued a
Lake Effect Snow Warning...which is in effect until 1 PM CDT
Tuesday. The Winter Weather Advisory is no longer in effect.

* TIMING...Periods of snow, heavy at times today into Tuesday
  morning.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...An additional 5 to 8 inches is expected,
  bringing the storm total to 9 to 15 inches by Tuesday afternoon.
  The snow will be dry and powdery inland, possibly a bit wetter
  toward the lake.

* WINDS / VISIBILITIES...East winds 10 to 15 mph becoming
  northeast this afternoon. Gusts up to 20 to 25 mph near Lake
  Michigan. Areas of blowing snow and drifting snow especially
  near Lake Michigan. Significant reductions in visibility will
  occur in the heavier lake effect snow showers.

* IMPACTS...Plan on very difficult driving conditions today into
  Tuesday morning.

I didn't think this quiet, and uneventful winter was going to go away quietly, or uneventfully...... 

Caught the LE snow warning.  Going to be an interesting  24-36 hours.  However, for those wanting some Spring... Fear not!  Temps climb to the mid-50's a week from now.  I would imagine most of this snow will be gone by then, at least around here. 

Archived