Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There was a better one closer in...I still have the yellowing printed version saved somewhere for posterity.

"Severe blizzard equaling or exceeding that of the blizzard of 1978"...it mentioned 10' drifts in hardest hit areas along an axis from KBEV to KORH.

7 hours ago, Powderboy413 said:

Another red flag

You can call all the red flags you want but anyone with brains can see that the cfx radar as well as barometric pressure leads to big storm ahead. We take. I own my own barometric system so I am always a step  ahead. Cfx readings  and the state data as well as the American - 293 ensembles!!  Good news for us snow lovers, if you hate the snow then I say go home! Lol :-)

28 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

There was a better one closer in...I still have the yellowing printed version saved somewhere for posterity.

"Severe blizzard equaling or exceeding that of the blizzard of 1978"...it mentioned 10' drifts in hardest hit areas along an axis from KBEV to KORH.

Was that the Bruce Schwoegler storm?

March 2001 was still a pretty incredible storm for areas N of pike and probably NW of 128...that's where 20"+ occurred and through a vast swath of NNE too. BOS actually had a bizarre mix of sleet for a chunk of the storm which cost them...and they ended up with around a foot.

Archived