Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I know it has been mentioned before but worth mentioning again, Its the model discussion thread so we discuss the model runs, But most i would hope know that it comes with caveats at this lead time.

Right.... it just seems like there is a lot more chatter about an event a week away than normal. Not sure if it's because of this hellacious 2-3 week stretch we've been in or what.

Im just personally apprehensive of a huge system until we get with 48 hours.... a lot can change that can make the final outcome a lot less desirable 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Right.... it just seems like there is a lot more chatter about an event a week away than normal. Not sure if it's because of this hellacious 2-3 week stretch we've been in or what.

Im just personally apprehensive of a huge system until we get with 48 hours.... a lot can change that can make the final outcome a lot less desirable 

Probably factors in some but still most should know the repercussions of buying into a 6 day solution as verbatim.

22 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Whats going to suck starting Sunday at 06z is getting the model data 1 hour later....................:(

You're right, I hate that.  It doesn't seem like winter anymore.  You know the end is near when the clocks change and models come out later.  

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

You're right, I hate that.  It doesn't seem like winter anymore.  You know the end is near when the clocks change and models come out later.  

Makes waiting up for the 0z Euro out of the question never mind the 0z GFS @ 11:25 pm

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

First year they did that we stayed on the Mt until 630 pm ,hiked  the summit watched the sunset over a beer and skied back down. I love the early time change now. 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Kinda sucks when a 3ft snowstorm just melts away in a week or so.

No.  96 did this this every week.  Snow vanished then replenish.  No one complained about it.

weatherfella is basically ready to meet his maker if the 18z verifies.  It's really hard to find the dark cloud in the flashy silver lining of a 3 footer.  Except if jerry doesn't pull through.  

Archived