• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

Love Tip's "unmanned firehose" illustration, as the run-to-run variability out past day 5 has been even wilder than usual.  Liked the 06 gfs for late week, not for my area (looks like a whiff) but for the snow-loving grandkids in SNJ, where the verbatim outcome would be a foot or more.  Odds of that happening are mighty low, of course.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I like where we are now with this system, especially with the propensity for systems to migrate northward with time this season.

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Suppression doesn't typically happen in Morch.. not with SE ridge.. this one is coming Sunday. I'd bet it gets some snow at least into NNE but they may not jack 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I'll take the GFS look this far out. Given propensity for heights to be higher down there, I don't mind it. 

Its a different pattern with that block we have not seen this winter, just sayin, don't discount it.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It's Morch.. the blocking is elongated and there's the ever present SE ridge. It's discounted . 

I am not saying its a lock and basically you don't know either so although you are trying hard to, its not entirely unusual for there to be snow in the Mid Atlantic in March, just look at 2014 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Of course you don't discount it...I just said I'd take the overall look this far out. Who wants to jackpot a week out.

you are more reasonable to understand how it could happen that way. Lots of players and a couple of days to shake it out. I wouldn't discount a thing like some others do.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

No it's not.

Check 2014 and see if there was an Omni present SE ridge 

Kevin, it's an option. Your speaking as if it can't happen and the SE ridge is the only player. It's important, but so is the role of s/w intricacies in the flow and also over Quebec. 

17 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Of course you don't discount it...I just said I'd take the overall look this far out. Who wants to jackpot a week out.

lol I told myself that same thing yesterday and now it's further south.  So you guys should be in the sweet spot with it to your south now.

Great set up for the mid-Atlantic as modeled.  Then we warm and mix to rain day 8-9.

IMG_5115.PNG

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kevin, it's an option. Your speaking as if it can't happen and the SE ridge is the only player. It's important, but so is the role of s/w intricacies in the flow and also over Quebec. 

But isn't the block elongated and not West based? I thought that also favored non - suppression . Just seems there's a lot going against a D.C. Event while Philly north sees cirrus.

19 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

you are more reasonable to understand how it could happen that way. Lots of players and a couple of days to shake it out. I wouldn't discount a thing like some others do.

I agree with you that the suppression might be very real until the Day 8-10 range when the GFS/ECM have the SE ridge amp back up and might throw a cutter.  

Its very possible that there's a 5-day period of compression over NNE that pushes everything out and under the northeast before it relaxes.  

That cold looks to mean business.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I agree with you that the suppression might be very real until the Day 8-10 range when the GFS/ECM have the SE ridge amp back up and might throw a cutter.  

Its very possible that there's a 5-day period of compression over NNE that pushes everything out and under the northeast before it relaxes.  

That cold looks to mean business.

I don't see any warming in your future, in fact you probably are going to get hammered over the next 20 dyas

Archived