Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I remember when there was only one euro run per day at 12z and it didn't come out until 8pm. That was around 2001 or 2002. I think they added the 00z run in 2002. 

I think the 0Z Euro didn't start till around 2004 or something.   I remember sparring with widremann on wwbb about pd2 hitting the northeast and then we started getting the crappy graphics Plymouth maps showing us getting slammed.   Fun times.

I haven't been following this thread until this evening as we are getting into the range that I start paying attention.  Up here in Central New England we are so due for a track over Boston/Canal.  Western New England and my area is so overdue for a track like that.  

Wish we could delay daylight savings time for a week since models will come out an hour later.  Maybe a late evening on Sunday and Monday.  

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not really worried about it but look closely 850 is west of that

Yea, there will be alot of bathroom cleaning up my condo if thats the case. I really dont care what the gfs surface prints out, you track those mid level lows like so....woah. Anyway, not saying you should be worried or anyone for that matter. It is a bit odd the progressive gfs hugs while the wrap happy euro (lately) have swapped positions. Regardless, they are playing the 5 and 4, either way you slice it we have big men on the court ready to leap for the alley hoop. Just gotta get inside 36hrs maybe?.... to toss it up to them. 

Ginxy and Hoth...you guys are too much! Lol

My joke about being a "cheapskate" aside, I stay so busy with work (own and operate my own business), family, and the like (as most of us)...that I typically miss the benefits the paid sites provide.  By the time I look over the data, myself, the freebies have everything I need for analysis.  Not to mention, so many of you guys do an outstanding job of sharing the pertinent maps from the paid sites, which is a huge benefit to so many of us here.  I will make an asserted effort to do my part, next season, by investing in the pay sites, and sharing the pertinent information and respective maps, as well. 

Tamarack,

I had already made tentative arrangements to chase this prospective storm.  These plans included departing Wilmington NC Sunday evening, with the anticipation of arriving by noon on Monday.   Unfortunately, my grandmother (Mom's mother and her best friend) passed away last night.  Today, my mother asked me to be one of the pallbearers for the funeral beginning late afternoon on Monday.   Consequently, I'm going to try my best to leave right after the funeral and drive the 17-18 hours straight in hopes of still documenting the storm.   Depending on travel conditions, it looks as though it won't be until noon on Tuesday before I can get to SE Massachusetts.   Given that I will have been up since early that Monday, the long overnight drive, and arriving with the storm already underway, I'm looking at possibly having to stay awake a full 48 hours!

On Topic, a compromise between the Euro and GFS would be a reasonable forecast at this point...as they represent the most likely most eastern and western extent of the probable track, at this point in time.           

Archived