Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

44 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the fact that it is 6 days trumps any sort of other "red flag" such as "the ukie is southeast" or anything along those lines...OP runs move all the time. Hell, the Feb 2013 blizzard had zero model support when the Euro started showing it about 132 hours out until we got inside 96 hours...zero. Remember it went like 3-4 straight runs going solo? Lol.

Perhaps I was thinking about a different storm but my recollection of the run-up to that storm is exactly the opposite.  I recall reading weenie snow maps a week in advance and just watching as run after run the outputs were insane.  I remember one Euro run had almost 50 inches of snow for the storm total at one location.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, CoolMike said:

Perhaps I was thinking about a different storm but my recollection of the run-up to that storm is exactly the opposite.  I recall reading weenie snow maps a week in advance and just watching as run after run the outputs were insane.  I remember one Euro run had almost 50 inches of snow for the storm total at one location.

You might be remembering some of the Euro runs....but it was all by itself for several runs in a row beyond day 4 in the Feb 2013 blizzard. The other guidance finally caught on around 96 hours. Granted, 96 hours is still 4 days worth of model watching.

This storm for March 14th looks like a Mauler, which will be intensified by the boundary between arctic air and spring like air to the south.  This seems like a potentially major QPF producer regardless of intensity of the surface low.  GFS 12z run was weaker with the surface low near the benchmark and EURO was more intense.

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

side note. I am a bit disturbed sir Ginxalot is late to his presser. Probably passed out in the command center somewhere in SECT.

All pressers start late.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

ARCTIC BLAST FOLLOWS MINOR 2-3 INCH SNOWS IN CT, MAJOR STORM POSSIBLE NEXT WEEK

Tolland Mastiff CT, 3/8/2017 -

Howling arctic winds and cold dominate the weekend following a minor snow event which could produce 2 to as many as 4 inches across the state. However Sir Weenie ALot atop the Mastiff has predicted winter storm warnings with up to 6 inches of snow will be issued, the heaviest of course at 1K in ECT.

Feel like temps will be well below zero for most of the weekend with blowing and drifting of any snow which falls Friday. snow squalls will accompany the Arctic front creating severe mid winter conditions for man and beast.

The most reliable models,we mean model, indicates, CT and EMA should receive 2-4 inches of snow Friday morning followed by clearing in the afternoon. Friday night as the Arctic front approaches, snow squalls and showers followed by quickly dropping temps and howling winds will mean temps into the single digits by morning with accompanying wind chills near and much below zero. 

Next week is a question mark but increasing indications are that a snow storm of substantial proportions should affect the New England area with heavy snow, strong winds and cold temperatures. the dynamics of this storm will not be fully understood until at least  Sunday and at that time we will issue another presser. That ends our briefing, feel free to ask questions.

Background information will be given by Sir Weenie Alot multiple times in the next days, however our next full briefing will be held around 3PM Sunday

Weenie Alot productions are a subsidiary of LALALA Lock it up productions INC.

/release

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

All pressers start late.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Howling arctic winds and cold dominate the weekend following a minor snow event which could produce 2 to as many as 4 inches across the state. However Sir Weenie ALot atop the Mastiff has predicted winter storm warnings with up to 6 inches of snow will be issued, the heaviest of course at 1K in ECT.

Feel like temps will be well below zero for most of the weekend with blowing and drifting of any snow which falls Friday. snow squalls will accompany the Arctic front creating severe mid winter conditions for man and beast.

The most reliable models,we mean model, indicates, CT and EMA should receive 2-4 inches of snow Friday morning followed by clearing in the afternoon. Friday night as the Arctic front approaches snow squalls and showers followed by quickly dropping temps and howling winds will mean temps into the single digits by morning with accompanying wind chills near and much below zero. 

Next week is a question mark but increasing indications are that a snow storm of substantial proportions should affect the New England area with heavy snow, strong winds and cold temperatures. the dynamics of this storm will not be fully understood until at least  Sunday and at that time we will issue another presser. That ends our briefing, feel free to ask questions.

Background information will be given by Sir Weenie Alot multiple times in the next days, however our next full briefing will be held around 3PM Sunday

/release

You can do a human interest story on Erin to accompany this release.

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

All pressers start late.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

The most reliable models,we mean model, indicates, CT and EMA should receive 2-4 inches of snow Friday morning followed by clearing in the afternoon. Friday night as the Arctic front approaches, snow squalls and showers followed by quickly dropping temps and howling winds will mean temps into the single digits by morning with accompanying wind chills near and much below zero. 

/release

Mastiff?  Isn't that a dog breed?

31 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

N Of Pike and Zeus are sure thing bettors

Technically, I've already posted in this thread.

However, that was for the express purpose of upholding and enforcing my taboo ordinance re: a certain 2001 storm of note.

Furthermore, this remains the model mayhem thread, and my presence here cannot thus be considered an endorsement or harbinger of any specific storm, even though one may currently be dominating as the unofficial true topic of the thread.

When I am in, you will know.

12 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Technically, I've already posted in this thread.

However, that was for the express purpose of upholding and enforcing my taboo ordinance re: a certain 2001 storm of note.

Furthermore, this remains the model mayhem thread, and my presence here cannot thus be considered an endorsement or harbinger of any specific storm, even though one may currently be dominating as the unofficial true topic of the thread.

When I am in, you will know.

bananas are in your future

Archived