Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

You know this threat is big time when ncforecaster89 is in the house.....the KU FBI lol

Lol, you caught me lurking! I've definitely been watching each successive model run. Genuinely optimistic by todays trends and hopeful that we can get another KU, or significant blizzard, before this season comes to an end.  It was only three weeks ago where you and I were discussing the prospects for another "March" HECS.  

Like most here, I'm hopeful this pattern will produce something significant, but it's too soon to get too invested.  If we get a good model consensus showing something very similar to the 00z GFS verbatim, by Saturday, I will certainly be making arrangements to chase (breaking the news to my wife, readjusting my work schedule, reserving an SUV rental, etc.).

Despite the cautious optimism, it's difficult not to get a little excited, considering the evolution of the pattern showing up on the models.    Like Ginx stated...could be a long 5 days of model watching, hopefully!  

48 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol ya. The dude leaves women and children stranded and hungry over this stuff. 

Lol.  I'm honestly trying to keep some semblance of priorities.  

Just waiting for my wife to arrange an intervention, and have me purchase a MUCH larger insurance policy - with her as the beneficiary, of course.      

Back on topic, it'll be interesting to see if the EURO trends towards the GFS in about 30 minutes or so.  

4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Congrats dendrite. Another run another solution, all are on the table.

Also, I did not stay up for this at 7 days out. Just woke up coughing, damn cold.

Lol me too, dry cough sucks, European is a bomb for CNE NNE moderate SNE, high ratios deep cold snow. Feet of Champagne powder at the resorts

25 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol 6z gfs, all time record breaker for DXR.

There's an area of 32+ on that model in the LHV and north shore of Long Island and northern parts of the city lol.  12+ for most everyone even central NJ and south shore areas.

Ensemble support is strong for this system but at 6.5-7 days out there is still a lot that can change. I do like that there is a western ridge amplifying at the same time this tries to develop. That usually gives the storm a little bit more margin. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Ensemble support is strong for this system but at 6.5-7 days out there is still a lot that can change. I do like that there is a western ridge amplifying at the same time this tries to develop. That usually gives the storm a little bit more margin. 

They're talking about the PNA ridge sticking around and another big threat at Day 9 lol (March 18-19).

Archived