Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Severe Weather Risk tomorrow SW Missouri NW Arkansas

Jim Martin

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Buckeye05 said:

One thing I noticed in this video is a lack of toe-nails sticking out of the base plates. This likely made things rather slide-y subflooring wise. Also note that the shrubs around the house look pretty much untouched. If I had to guess, I'd say surveyors probably won't go above high-end EF3 because of this, despite what looks like an otherwise well-built home. 

Rating looks to be EF2 via EAX, although the image they posted suggested preliminary (already had the DAT sites mapped though).

Bit late but I got a lot more than I expected for being on the fringe of the marginal risk near Omaha. Reminded me of the wind/hailstorm I had experienced and recorded back in June 2008, slightly smaller hail this time. Did some damage across town; uncle's tied down shed was thrown and twisted, privacy fence completely in the neighbor's yard, carport-like roof was down and tin from it damaged their camper and some trees down a block away from where I live currently. Most of the "widespread damage" was tree buds sticking to everything. Got some spectacular views from the bluffs as it approached. Also a surprise rainbow with the end of it literally half a block away from where I was at. Was interesting to watch it move away from me as the line barreled on across Iowa.

https://goo.gl/photos/tKJKLSyWS758bxDn7 Full album of pictures/videos in case anyone is interested. In the video, the 2 that stayed out far too long had their own vehicle but didn't think the hail would get that bad at first.... Unfortunately phone glitched out for a moment so I lost about half the time the intense hail/wind was hitting.

20170306_153558.jpg

Archived