Welcome to American Weather
Hoosier

2017 Short/Medium Range Severe Thread

222 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Models and or ILN really goofed on placement of the flood watch area in Ohio.   They seemed to be favoring southern portions of the state and yet northern portions are getting the training.    Southern areas may only end up with the frontal-passage rains.

Am in full agreement here in Indiana.  Convergence axis of heaviest precip so far has been in central IN.  Remnants of Cindy's circulation now near Hopkinsville KY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

Am in full agreement here in Indiana.  Convergence axis of heaviest precip so far has been in central IN.  Remnants of Cindy's circulation now near Hopkinsville KY.

Yep...the award on this one goes to the rgem.   Was consistently the furthest north with the heaviest axis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, just drove from Columbus, IN to Huntington and it's obvious that the heaviest axis of rain was from IND up to just north of MIE in Central/North Central IN. Fields and roads flooded and creeks are roaring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A week to the day, we got another severe storm roll through about 7 pm tonight.   Flooding with this one, high winds and the biggest hail storm that I have seen in years.   It's 930, and 2.+hrs after the storm I still have hail that hasn't melted on the deck and the lawn.   The property has taken a beating but no trees down - just scores of branches, shredded leaves and general **** everywhere.   I checked and Environment Canada put our a severe thunderstorm warning a couple minutes after the storm hit.    Not good as this one was worse locally than the one that had a tornado warning last Saturday...........post a few pics tomorrow 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, London snowsquall said:

A week to the day, we got another severe storm roll through about 7 pm tonight.   Flooding with this one, high winds and the biggest hail storm that I have seen in years.   It's 930, and 2.+hrs after the storm I still have hail that hasn't melted on the deck and the lawn.   The property has taken a beating but no trees down - just scores of branches, shredded leaves and general **** everywhere.   I checked and Environment Canada put our a severe thunderstorm warning a couple minutes after the storm hit.    Not good as this one was worse locally than the one that had a tornado warning last Saturday...........post a few pics tomorrow 

Damn that's crazy, here in North London we just got a bit of wind and rain, everything has been missing my house lately. I was pretty surprised when I saw the power outages and hail videos from other parts of the city.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, London snowsquall said:

A week to the day, we got another severe storm roll through about 7 pm tonight.   Flooding with this one, high winds and the biggest hail storm that I have seen in years.   It's 930, and 2.+hrs after the storm I still have hail that hasn't melted on the deck and the lawn.   The property has taken a beating but no trees down - just scores of branches, shredded leaves and general **** everywhere.   I checked and Environment Canada put our a severe thunderstorm warning a couple minutes after the storm hit.    Not good as this one was worse locally than the one that had a tornado warning last Saturday...........post a few pics tomorrow

I saw that when I tuned into TWN this evening, very impressive hail storm. EC putting out the severe thunderstorm warning after the storm, how typical. I don't get why its so hard for them to do what should be the easiest thing in the world...look at the radar to see what is coming and warn accordingly before the cell gets to x spot. Then on the other hand, we get severe thunderstorm warnings all the time for garden variety storms on time!! Good 'ole EC.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ConfusedKitten said:

Damn that's crazy, here in North London we just got a bit of wind and rain, everything has been missing my house lately. I was pretty surprised when I saw the power outages and hail videos from other parts of the city.

A couple pics and the one was taken this morning with the hail that still hadn't melted from over 12 hours ago.   Not sure what it is made of....

I have some others showing some flooding and more hail shots that my wife took but I can't seem to resize them to fit the attachment constraints that I have.

 

 

126.jpg

125.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.