• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

This was shared by the Mid-Atlantic river forecast center on Facebook.  Interesting statistics how bgm went from a record low winter last year to record high this year!  Now I want ask if there are any brave souls who would want to write a ku equivalent (volume III?) for seasonal records instead of certain storms...

bgm record snowfall 2017.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its officially out in April. I am going to stop by one of the good beer stores near here that stocks Founders and get the scoop.

Definitely a good idea. Most places are willing to tell customers when they expect their deliveries from specific distributors, and it'll help a ton if you're looking to get in on the most popular limited releases.

Some folks can luck out by just happening on these beers, but there are far too many people with connections who are interested in these beers, and they can hoover up a lot of stock just by hitting various stores. Score a few 4-packs of KBS, age it a few years, and you're sitting on a beer-trade/grey-market goldmine.

5 hours ago, jonjon said:

Since we are on the topic of beer, I wanted to pass along that we (Stumptown Ales) have just started our distribution and we are no longer just a brew pub.  We now sell our 1/6 barrel kegs to bars/restaurants that specialize in craft beer.  We can only self distribute in WV, so most of you will not see us out there, but we are starting with Morgantown along with the very local scene here in Davis/Thomas/Canaan Valley.  Probably see us in Snowshoe and the eastern panhandle sometime soon, then maybe on to Charleston.  If you are in any of those areas at a bar keep an eye out for our libations!  Cheers!

Awesome. Congrats and well done, jonjon!!

11 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Definitely a good idea. Most places are willing to tell customers when they expect their deliveries from specific distributors, and it'll help a ton if you're looking to get in on the most popular limited releases.

Some folks can luck out by just happening on these beers, but there are far too many people with connections who are interested in these beers, and they can hoover up a lot of stock just by hitting various stores. Score a few 4-packs of KBS, age it a few years, and you're sitting on a beer-trade/grey-market goldmine.

LOL

I am now on a list at 2 places. This stuff is in demand.

9 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Hate to see storm chasers get killed again. I know it won't happen, but I'm inclined to say that TWC should get out of the storm chasing business. Between Bettes and his team damn near getting killed a few years ago and this, it's just awful to see. I'm not sure people realize but statistically driving is probably the most dangerous part of the chase.

Also, is it just me or does this statement feel cold? 

http://weathergroup.com/newsroom/2017/03/28/weather-channel-statement-loss-beloved-members-weather-community

Clear indication that The Weather Channel is trying to distance themselves from this very sad accident. One, driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Two, driver blew through a stop sign, and I'm sure three, that they were speeding given the images of the cars following the crash. Bad situation all around, that I am sure the weather community will be bitching about for days to come. 

1 hour ago, mattie g said:

A list? Are they going to call you or hold it when the stock comes in? If so, that's a huge win!

Yeah they are going to call, but I was warned it is limited availability and at least 10 people had already inquired.

Too bad its so hard to score a few. Hopefully I can get a 4 pack or 2. Honestly though, there are bunches of other good beers around that are not such a pain in the ass to get hold of lol.

That Victory Java Cask is the exact same style beer, and it would be hard to beat for me. Its pricey, but the KBS is too.

1 hour ago, mappy said:

Clear indication that The Weather Channel is trying to distance themselves from this very sad accident. One, driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Two, driver blew through a stop sign, and I'm sure three, that they were speeding given the images of the cars following the crash. Bad situation all around, that I am sure the weather community will be bitching about for days to come. 

I have yet to see any data that supports media claims that the accident was weather related.  I doubt it was.  Very sad.

58 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Yeah they are going to call, but I was warned it is limited availability and at least 10 people had already inquired.

Too bad its so hard to score a few. Hopefully I can get a 4 pack or 2. Honestly though, there are bunches of other good beers around that are not such a pain in the ass to get hold of lol.

That Victory Java Cask is the exact same style beer, and it would be hard to beat for me. Its pricey, but the KBS is too.

That's pretty nice that you're going to get a call, to be honest. KBS is one of those whales that everyone wants. But it's well worth the search if you can get it. There are other beers that are close in quality yet easier to find, but there's something so satisfying about being able to drink a beer you tried so hard to get! :lol:

When my buddies and I were on the hunt for Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning, we missed out on the first round of distribution at the local Whole Foods. We then got screwed at a Trader Joe's - the beer buyer told me to come by at opening on the day he expected the delivery, but when we showed up (first customers in the store), we saw all the employees scrambling around with bottles in their hands. Turns out they only got one case and he gave the employees first dibs on them. Bullsh*t. So we went to another TJ's that is a bit of a sleeper. That guy asked my buddy for his number so he could call when the delivery came in. He ended up holding a bottle for him and a few other folks. Cool thing is that there's a Total Wine right next door - they got their deliveries at the same time, so we ended up with two bottles each!

Beer geeking is serious bizniss...

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

That's pretty nice that you're going to get a call, to be honest. KBS is one of those whales that everyone wants. But it's well worth the search if you can get it. There are other beers that are close in quality yet easier to find, but there's something so satisfying about being able to drink a beer you tried so hard to get! :lol:

When my buddies and I were on the hunt for Hardywood Kentucky Christmas Morning, we missed out on the first round of distribution at the local Whole Foods. We then got screwed at a Trader Joe's - the beer buyer told me to come by at opening on the day he expected the delivery, but when we showed up (first customers in the store), we saw all the employees scrambling around with bottles in their hands. Turns out they only got one case and he gave the employees first dibs on them. Bullsh*t. So we went to another TJ's that is a bit of a sleeper. That guy asked my buddy for his number so he could call when the delivery came in. He ended up holding a bottle for him and a few other folks. Cool thing is that there's a Total Wine right next door - they got their deliveries at the same time, so we ended up with two bottles each!

Beer geeking is serious bizniss...

Yeah I am super determined now lol. I MUST HAVE THIS BEER. :P

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived