• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

I'll echo the responses to Wx007.  I'm glad to read that things are working out and that you're staying in the region.

On 3/21/2017 at 10:49 PM, nj2va said:

@nw baltimore wx - looks killer!  Maybe the get together should be at your place. ;)

Thanks!  It's almost done, except for the table top.  I'll post a picture or two this weekend.  And I'd gladly have folks over.  If you're ever in the area around the Ville let me know!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, H2O said:

@WxWatcher007 I'm glad that you were able to find happiness given the loss of a job that then turned into some soul searching via snow chasing and then finding another gig soon after.

Many of us have faced similar and different challenges that test us so i'm glad you have been able to deal with them in such a positive way.  good things happen to good people.

My story begins after the war when I joined the peace corps.  We were assigned to an isolated tribe called the mulombos.  They had never seen white people before. This is the documentary of that trip

dying. 

WxWatcher congrats on the new job. We all have been there. 

Ours was back in 2001. My husband had just taken an opportunity in Jan 2000 to be part of a start up in a new division of his company out in LA. Newly married we decided why not. So we packed up and moved on out to sunny CA. Things were going well but the writing was on the wall with the fall of the .com industry. My husband was laid off in Sept. 2001 as the division folded. We were left with my low paying job and no family anywhere near us. He soon found freelance work with an individual and a company and it actually put us close to where we had been before the layoff. While I was tiring of my job it had health insurance so I stayed to keep that for both of us. In Oct. of 2002 his original company found out he still was only freelancing and offered him to come back to MD. So again we packed up and moved back to MD. He has been with the same company ever since. Everyone life gets a bit bumpy every once and awhile. It makes us all understand ourselves better and maybe make us realize that we had compromised with our old position just because it felt comfortable. Yea to you for finding something that you are passionate about. 

Thought this was an appropriate song for the winter we just dealt with. Not to mention how dead these boards have become. Guess wxwatcher007 did too good of a job of reaping. Besides I like it. :) 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=comfortably+numb+pink+floyd&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

Hello? Hello? Hello?

Is there anybody in there?
Just nod if you can hear me
Is there anyone at home?
Come on now
I hear you're feeling down
Well I can ease your pain
Get you on your feet again
Relax
I'll need some information first
Just the basic facts
Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am
I have become comfortably numb

Okay
Just a little pinprick
There'll be no more, ah
But you may feel a little sick
Can you stand up?
I do believe it's working, good
That'll keep you going through the show
Come on it's time to go

There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship, smoke on the horizon
You are only coming through in waves
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse
Out of the corner of my eye
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown
The dream is gone
I have become comfortably numb

Yesterday was horrific.

TODAY is absolutely scrumptious! 47/44 weather with overcast! It might rain tonight!!! I am gonna be outside, savoring yet another late winter jebwalk!!

Perfect jebwalk weather with cool easterly breezes and battleship gray skies! What's not to like? !

I LOVE backdoor cold fronts in late March :)

Be sure to get out and enjoy it

WxWatcher, I see you've been reborn.

Reapers live forever.

Love your new WxWatcher Prediction System™

You picked an excellent season to roll it out, Neutral ENSO springs tend to present record breaking severe weather Outbreaks. Think on the order of 2-3 May 1974 Super Outbreaks in the Midwest in 2017, for starters.

15 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The cabinet is done! I think that it turned out pretty well for a first attempt. If you have a few minutes, let me know what you thin

Nice!  If ever you do v2.0, you can use a jigsaw plunge cut to start into the wood instead of using a drill bit.  It comes out much cleaner:  http://lifehacker.com/make-a-plunge-cut-with-your-jigsaw-no-drill-necessary-1727702377  A couple of practice attempts on a scrap piece of wood before you do it the first time and you'll be a pro!

18 hours ago, Stormpc said:

Great job on the barrel. Good stuff. Nice video. 

Thanks for checking it out!

6 hours ago, das said:

Nice!  If ever you do v2.0, you can use a jigsaw plunge cut to start into the wood instead of using a drill bit.  It comes out much cleaner:  http://lifehacker.com/make-a-plunge-cut-with-your-jigsaw-no-drill-necessary-1727702377  A couple of practice attempts on a scrap piece of wood before you do it the first time and you'll be a pro!

Well, dang.  That would have been nice to know!  The one that I built is staying in the garage sports-cave, but I'm already considering a second project for the living room so the video is useful.  Thanks for the tutorial.

Mattie you ready for this from Founders?

KBS

"What we’ve got here is an imperial stout brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolates, then cave-aged in oak bourbon barrels for an entire year to make sure wonderful bourbon undertones come through in the finish. Makes your taste buds squeal with delight."

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Can you get KBS in Maryland?

Yeah, it's around, though I don't think what Cape described is available just yet. I picked up the KBS awhile back at my local store, but they only had a limited supply. You may want to call first, but I'm pretty sure that Total Wine and Beer carries several in the Founders line.

This is a terrible night. I dont even want to think about a jebwalk in these outright tropical conditions. The house is warm as hell. I wont sleep a wink tonight. I HATE SUMMER! There is nothing redeemable about it!

We are averaging about 20 degrees above average, and by July, that will mean average highs in the mid to upper one hundred single digits.

Something has got to be done NOW about global warming and severe climate change.

8 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, it's around, though I don't think what Cape described is available just yet. I picked up the KBS awhile back at my local store, but they only had a limited supply. You may want to call first, but I'm pretty sure that Total Wine and Beer carries several in the Founders line.

Its officially out in April. I am going to stop by one of the good beer stores near here that stocks Founders and get the scoop.

14 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Mattie you ready for this from Founders?

KBS

"What we’ve got here is an imperial stout brewed with a massive amount of coffee and chocolates, then cave-aged in oak bourbon barrels for an entire year to make sure wonderful bourbon undertones come through in the finish. Makes your taste buds squeal with delight."

Been ready all year! KBS is awesome, and is one of the most highly sought - though available - beers around!

12 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Can you get KBS in Maryland?

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

C.A.P.E. is correct - KBS is coming out in April. I've read that it's supposed to become available around the country starting on April 1, but it may not show up until next week, depending on when your local store's distributors make their deliveries.

KBS is hard to find in that the beer geeks tend to get out and pick up their allotments as soon as they hit the shelf (often taking time off from work to do so). It's also limited production, so it's just that much harder to find on the shelves. Total Wines should get it, as should any other quality bottle shop/liquor store/grocery store. For those in VA, any Whole Foods with a good beer selection should get it. I think even Trader Joe's may get some. Wegman's, too. I haven't asked around yet, but I may do so this week, as I've got a few TWs and TJs within about 15 minutes of me, as well as a couple Wegman's not too far away.

Since we are on the topic of beer, I wanted to pass along that we (Stumptown Ales) have just started our distribution and we are no longer just a brew pub.  We now sell our 1/6 barrel kegs to bars/restaurants that specialize in craft beer.  We can only self distribute in WV, so most of you will not see us out there, but we are starting with Morgantown along with the very local scene here in Davis/Thomas/Canaan Valley.  Probably see us in Snowshoe and the eastern panhandle sometime soon, then maybe on to Charleston.  If you are in any of those areas at a bar keep an eye out for our libations!  Cheers!

2 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Since we are on the topic of beer, I wanted to pass along that we (Stumptown Ales) have just started our distribution and we are no longer just a brew pub.  We now sell our 1/6 barrel kegs to bars/restaurants that specialize in craft beer.  We can only self distribute in WV, so most of you will not see us out there, but we are starting with Morgantown along with the very local scene here in Davis/Thomas/Canaan Valley.  Probably see us in Snowshoe and the eastern panhandle sometime soon, then maybe on to Charleston.  If you are in any of those areas at a bar keep an eye out for our libations!  Cheers!

Great news!  Thanks!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived