Newest Member
    joxey
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

Can someone answer me as to what the para GFS is and how reliable it is? I am fairly unfamiliar with it. It looks good accumulation wise down my way.

It's the parallel GFS, I believe scheduled to go live and replace the current GFS in May.  For some reason, it hasn't been run regularly this week.

Just now, nj2va said:

It's the parallel GFS, I believe scheduled to go live and replace the current GFS in May.  For some reason, it hasn't been run regularly this week.

Ok then, yes I did notice that it skipped from Monday to today. Has anyone noticed any solid upgrades, or is it better at low resolution. Curious to see if it can compete with the NAM in regard to thermals for damming events etc..

Just checking in, been busy today. What did I miss?

Looking at the various solutions, looks like 3-12" for mby. :huh:

I will take the under. Mount Holly thinks 3-7". Being right on the r/s line can be interesting and frustrating. I have to be up at 5am for work so I cant stay up to "enjoy" the event tomorrow night anyway. Hopefully its snowing in the am when I am headed off to work.

Up here in Balt. City....Given the model runs today, I don't know what to think anymore! 5,6...10-12? I guess I'll set my minimum bar at 5-6, I suppose...That'll be a bit disappointing, though--was leaning on the 10-12+ because of the near consensus last light. But we'll see...

Just a hunch I'm thinking 6-10 for Baltimore City.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Congrats WxTrix, you will do well, you will get at least a foot, if not 16 inches with this.

I'm happy with my climo, which states that I get an inch in mid March.

I am expecting 1-2 inches, from 7-1 ratios, some mixing, and boundary level issues, temps near freezing even overnight.

I'm cheering on western Virginians and Marylanders! Maryland is the Mid Atlantic version of Northern New England, they are always big time winners with snow!

ENJOY!

1 minute ago, mdhokie said:

I have that bad feeling this thing is gonna be slow to get its act together and we'll be sitting in snizzle while watching PHL north get dumped on. 

Friend here in Woodbridge has a meeting to go to in BOSTON tomorrow night. I wished him the best, and told him I'd see him next in April.

Boston is going to get totally destroyed - even by Bostonian standards - FEET of snow + hurricane force winds - Total annihilation.

I TRIED to explain it to him. Oh well

12 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

I have that bad feeling this thing is gonna be slow to get its act together and we'll be sitting in snizzle while watching PHL north get dumped on. 

I think you are going to do well with this, you are west of Balto and far north of me. Maryland is a sure winner. You'll get 10-12 inches easy, perhaps more.

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Looking past the gate at all of you, I have an impending sense of doom. I hate this place sometimes. :( 

You need any help digging graves, you know where to find me. Jebman shovels are useful for a lot more than just digging snow.

This is pretty funny. TWC has me getting 12-18" which is hilarious but meanwhile LWX still has me in a watch, lol. They really need to split up AA county into zones. That would be something if LWX goes advisory and on my local forecast for TWC I'm 12-18". If they would split up AA county from north to south with Rt 50 being the dividing line it may be able to help them with making these decisions. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived