Newest Member
    Dano62
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

You and I are close. I'm in the hood behind Jilly's.  

Yeah, it's pretty different in just a few miles. Heading out Stevenson Rd and dropping into the valley (near RavensRule shack) has a very different feel to it. Weather wise and otherwise.

Hah... these places are right up my ally. I'm pretty sure Chestnut ridge is only a few miles from MBY but it definitely has more of a rural Carroll county feel to it. I'm not surprised it snows more over there as well.

P standard storm setting up IMO. Precip will get wrung out once it hits higher elevations N and W leaving areas to the east in lighter amounts. It's not like this is unusual. The NAM being the NAM excuse is just desperation. Precip is always the most difficult to model

20 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Hah... these places are right up my ally. I'm pretty sure Chestnut ridge is only a few miles from MBY but it definitely has more of a rural Carroll county feel to it. I'm not surprised it snows more over there as well.

Let me know when you're in the area and we can meet at Jillys for a beer. And Chestnut Ridge is nice. We bike out that way a lot.

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

It seems like mixing will most certainly happen for DC (and east).  For how long & how much QPF we get will determine if we see 2-4" or 5-10".  Interesting that the goal posts are narrowing 30 hours out..they seem to be getting larger.  

Agreed

It is what it is..I'm not going to be like other folks and be a debbie downer and spoil the thread by freaking out.    I think DC gets 6" and we mix.  Im cool with that and that's my benchmark.  We're definitely going to post the lowest totals out of our entire area and probably out of all the big cities..that's the risk you take living on the fall line.   Hell, I might even go visit a friend out in MRB, lol.

20 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

It is what it is..I'm not going to be like other folks and be a debbie downer and spoil the thread by freaking out.    I think DC gets 6" and we mix.  Im cool with that and that's my benchmark.  We're definitely going to post the lowest totals out of our entire area and probably out of all the big cities..that's the risk you take living on the fall line.   Hell, I might even go visit a friend out in MRB, lol.

i'm in the same boat.  it's still a miller B-ish (or just flat out miller B ) storm, so if this doesn't bomb out south enough or close enough to the coast, there's going to be some issues.  philly to nyc look to be in a sweet spot.  i think 4-8" is a good prediction here.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived