Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter Thread

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Birds definitely know what's up. It's a frenzy outside. 2 red tailed hawks circling. A pair of barred owls making a ruckus. A half dozen cardinals macking on my weeping cherry tree. And countless small birds being frantic. 

Yeah, I was posting my birds obs in some seriousness. They are frantic 

3 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Same. I'm in chips fall mode. I'm standing on the other side of Heaven's gate, hoping I can let you all in, prepared to reap you all for good this time if I can't.

I'm actually not very excited...I just hope it snows well for everyone. I know my old house will get smoked...hoping my new far west location will help here...we will see. Good luck all

13 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I might just check out of here for the next two days, just let the chips fall as they may. It was fun being eight and only knowing it was gonna snow when you looked out the window. Now I'm worried about everything. 

Kinda miss the text forecasts on TWC with the red WSW graphic scrolling. The internet has ruined us!

18 minutes ago, Amped said:

Now I have to go shove my way into supermarket....  Do people realize that 12" of snow isn't a lot in March....   Our sun angle can melt 2"/hr and up to 5"/hr if you're in the death ray.

Yes, it will melt quickly. Still fun to track. Also, why is our forum so obsessed with sun angle? NYC and NE forums aren't the least bit concerned about snow falling during the day Tuesday. People here would be cutting their wrists if the bulk fell during the day for this storm. 

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I just miss TWC! Stuck with Weathernation or whatever, which I'm sure I've lamented about here before. It's as if a weather show was run by a high school TV station.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad I switched back to Comcast from Verizon. The accuweather channel on Verizon was awful. 

5 minutes ago, Negnao said:

Yes, it will melt quickly. Still fun to track. Also, why is our forum so obsessed with sun angle? NYC and NE forums aren't the least bit concerned about snow falling during the day Tuesday. People here would be cutting their wrists if the bulk fell during the day for this storm. 

Probably bad memories from Snowquester. There's no other reason. If you have good rates, the snow will accumulate even if the sun is shining high and it was 80 degrees the previous day.

15 minutes ago, Kleimax said:

I know I'm a little late but talking about elevation.. where I am in south Owings Mills/garrison/pikesville area my elevation is 470 feet. My dads house which is 10 minutes away closer to Worthington/Owings Mills is 700 feet. He always gets an inch or two more snow up there and it's always about 2-3 degrees colder 

You and I are close. I'm in the hood behind Jilly's.  

10 minutes ago, HighStakes said:

I grew up in south owings mills/garrison. There are a lot of neat micro climates all around that area.

Yeah, it's pretty different in just a few miles. Heading out Stevenson Rd and dropping into the valley (near RavensRule shack) has a very different feel to it. Weather wise and otherwise.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • WxUSAF pinned this topic

Archived